1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get a hold of things to review

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DoktorKubik, Mar 21, 2011.

Hi!

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, couldn't find any place that seemed more suitable.

I run a tech blog (there's a link in my signature). So far I've been doing news, but eventually I'd like to do reviews. I realize that this is, of course, very difficult as a newcomer, and that I'll have to build up gradually.

However, I have no clue as to how to go about doing this. The end-goal is of course to review real tech gadgets, but I'd be okay with smaller stuff initially - the thing is, what do I review that isn't a tech gadget and still relevant?

How do I get a hold of review copies of things? When do I stand of chance of getting review items, like cell phones?

Thanks!

DoktorKubik, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  2. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll probably need to gain credibility and lots of visitors to your site before anybody is likely to give you free products to review.
    Meanwhile, you could record simple telephone interview with experts on rtir - just find an expert willing to chat to you about something you are interested in. It's free - and most experts want the publicity you will tell them you can provide.
    First make sure you have prepared a list of interesting questions to ask and practiced with a friend - so everything runs smoothly.

seafrontsteve, Mar 21, 2011 IP