1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get more facebook likes without buying them?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by TheOptimizers, Sep 14, 2010.

Hi everyone,

I am on a mission to try and promote our facebook page and get as many likes as possible. I am putting up useful SEO articles, bits from Matt Cutts, SEO Moz and other SEOers. Plus the latest info about our company, deals and whats going on...

The idea is to attract people who are interested in SEO and get them commenting and interacting with the page. We don't want to just sell SEO services but promote white hat techniques and improve the image of SEO in this country. (A lot of people have been ripped off by SEO companies and we want to stop this!)

What I need to know is how do I actually promote the page to people? I don't want to just buy likes because I want people who are genuinely interested in the page and also it would go against what we are trying to say.

Any ideas are very welcome!! :)

TheOptimizers, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  2. computerconsultant

computerconsultant Peon

Best Answers:
    Invite your friends and attract people by doing attractive posting related to your business or product. Share the page link with in your friends list.

computerconsultant, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  3. TheOptimizers

TheOptimizers Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks -thats pretty much what Im doing but no effect yet... does it take a while for people to start noticing?

TheOptimizers, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create attractive custom landing page with call-to-action... Like and get discount or some freebie would work. If you have an attractive landing page you may advertise it on Facebook Ads which helps you to generate some targeted fans.

Jack Black, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  5. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Invite your friends and, generally, apply the common sense answers that you already know. You'll have to make it eye catching, generate exposure around it so that people are even aware of its existence, and maybe even put a little team together to promote whatever it is you're trying to do.

supernal, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about by creating something that people like.

stOx, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  7. Domenic Carlson

Domenic Carlson Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree - do the commonsense things you know. Also invite your friends and get them to invite their friends. People won't find you enough to like you unless you promote it. Put the link in your newsletter (if you have one - if not, make one). Put it on your home page, etc. Tell people verbally to do it and then follow up.

Domenic Carlson, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  8. rhansen

rhansen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hold a contest. Winner gets a link on your best site. ;-)

rhansen, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. sachdeva.arjit

sachdeva.arjit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find some other pages/group of your niche on FB. Mail their admins to mention your page on their community, and in return, give them a link on your website or a free service or something ..... :)

sachdeva.arjit, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  10. Bojan Djordjevic

Bojan Djordjevic Guest

Best Answers:
    put like box on your website, that way you link your site and your page

Bojan Djordjevic, Sep 19, 2010 IP