1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get new members to join my new social classifeds site?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by simonL, Aug 1, 2007.

I have recenlty started a new website called zMobs. It is available at http://www.zmobs.com for online classifieds using social networks. This patent-pending service allows users to post classified listings for buying and selling goods within their extended network and community. User can now buy and sell goods like Books, Cars, Real Estate, property rentals within their trusted network as well as leverage the extended network of their friends. zMobs also facilitates easy tracking of listings and messages, and offers integration with major webmail services. It is currently in beta launch. We also added a new feature recently where users can recocmmend service providers (such as realtor, plumber, etc) to their network (1st degree of seperation and so on..)

So I am looking for ideas to drive membership up (it is free to register). Any suggestions??

Thanks.

simonL, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  2. CynProWeb

CynProWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, to get the buzz working for your site you may want to take out a few ads in newspapers. Perhaps even try throwing out a press release on a site such as prweb.com If you build it, they will come does not apply to the internet unfortunatly.

The only way to get the word out is to work no stop at it. Advertising advertising advertising. This doesnt necessarily need to be paid advertising. Community bulletin boards are a great way to get the word out, as is word of mouth.

CynProWeb, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  3. kingsource

kingsource Peon

Best Answers:
    post it to more forums and social network bookmarks like diggs.

kingsource, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  4. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    u need to have a good base of people using it, THEN do a series of press releases.
    How about a widget on trusted sites ?

BrianJump, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  5. coolramiz

coolramiz Banned

Best Answers:
    make use of adwords and yahoo

coolramiz, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  6. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pay for some sponsored reviews improve link popularity and create a buzz

stubsy, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  7. shadezz

shadezz Peon

Best Answers:
    hey simonL, just a comment.. I like the cool graphics on logo and etc. but the circle on log-in does not go so well with the design...

And for your question; try out most of the usual marketing/ advertising techniques... like articles, directory submission... etc. and also pay directories and other PPC sites.

shadezz, Aug 2, 2007 IP