1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get People to join my Social Networking Site!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by staffsergeantpeterson, Mar 15, 2009.

Well I guess the title says it all. I need people to join my social networking site submit their stuff.

Does anyone have any tricky methods for making a brand new website look like it's populated and active?

It's a link submission - social net site.

Suggestions are Highly Appreciated.

staffsergeantpeterson, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  2. heffners

heffners Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say a brand new site you will need to maybe register accounts so it looks like there's people on it especially if its a social site as most of them have stats on homepage.

heffners, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  3. chister123

chister123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A trick i used when I started my dating site, was by creating a launch date. Make the website inactive till the launch date, but only allow people to register to the site. Have some kind of tour setup to give your members a sneak peak of the site (get a kick-ass flash tour designed or something). Give some kind of incentive, prizes, etc to people who pre-register to the site before the launch. Hype up the launch and spend a lot marketing the launch. Make press releases, make youtube videos, myspace and facebook groups, facebook ads, adwords, blogs, etc.

Remember, you have to make people want to join your new site. Make their 5 minutes filling out the registration form worthwhile. Have prize giveaways, maybe free tshirts to the first 100 people who pre-registers to the site, etc. Don't make your site look established, in fact make it look new, fresh and happening. You have create that buzz. Have a count down on the homepage for the launch date when the site finally goes live.

I have successfully started or help start numerous dating/social networks. The reason 99% new social networks fail is because they don't hype it enough. It is a lot of work, but will pay off. You need to also have a decent amount of money to spend on marketing if you want to do it right. NEVER create fake profiles, people will find out quick and your site will fail.

Again launching a site "properly" is a lot of work, but if done right you shouldn't have problems getting a few thousand members before the launch. If you are new to this, I would hire someone to do the site launch for you.

chister123, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. kolours

kolours Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networking website need to look active with members and submissions, so it would be great if you hire people for submissions in the starting o give it a kick start.

kolours, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea about the hype. I agree, if it's plain jane and not active people will not be interested.

As for hiring people... Elance? Rent A Coder? Where a good start to get people rollin' for hire?

staffsergeantpeterson, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. stoneworth

stoneworth Peon

Best Answers:
    may be true. you can give good credit me. I can help free. why are you hiring but do some simple work but keep continue, after some time you will get famous in the world means people will attract your site. social book marking, forum posting, mail marketing and free ads marketing... many easy way, you can reach your target.

stoneworth, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  7. pokerface

pokerface Peon

Best Answers:
    Join namepros, give them a few NP$ to ask them to spam your S.B. site to get things rolling and look busy.

pokerface, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  8. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome Tip... Anyone want to sign up?

staffsergeantpeterson, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  9. beverlynikki

beverlynikki Peon

Best Answers:
    Try hiring a professional who knows a lot in this field.

beverlynikki, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  10. jamaican007

jamaican007 Banned

Best Answers:
    bookmarking, pinging and hiring a professional

jamaican007, Mar 16, 2009 IP