1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do i get traffic from social networking sites?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pr-biztech, Dec 22, 2009.

1. markdb_sem

markdb_sem Peon

Best Answers:
    There's some good free info here http://bit.ly/eXhzIH Check out the case studies and best practice guides for some inspiration and you can customise it for your own needs.

markdb_sem, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  2. crazy8man

crazy8man Peon

Best Answers:
    First, it's not "free" if you're spending time contributing useful, relevant content to the conversations, which is what you should be doing. (That's why it's called "spending" time!). Alternatively, you can hire someone to spend _their_ time -- which is a great way to save money if you think about it. What's your time worth? If you could pay someone $2 or even $10 an hour, but then you can turn around and use that hour you just freed up to make $20 or even $100... you're way ahead of the game.

Second, remember it's not "traffic." It's PEOPLE. Readers. They read your comments, and only then do they want to follow your link and visit your site. If you think in terms like "traffic," you likely won't get very much of it. If you think in terms of "people" who read what you put out there, you are much more likely to get some.

Just my 2 cents.

crazy8man, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  3. once janister

once janister Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would submit other people's links first. If you find a good story on the web, submit that link. Make comments on others' submitted stories. Friend people. When you write a really good article, submit it (submit only once in a while). If people like your story, your friends will help it get to the first page.

once janister, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  4. vabtrock

vabtrock Active Member

Best Answers:
    he dude try to submit articles on reddit.com, stumbleupon.com, mixx.com, digg.com. upvote your friends stry they will automatically upvote urs...but it tale time to increase votes from social media friends mutually

vabtrock, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  5. kingoftrade

kingoftrade Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to start Facebook you can make the group and fan page it is help to promote you page and in twitter you have t do number of twittes in you profile people read this and you can get the visitors

kingoftrade, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  6. mbriar

mbriar Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure if you are dropping links create unique and relevant content. is orkut legit?

mbriar, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  7. lbushby

lbushby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When designing a public profile utilize the HTML app to enable the development of product features and links to your site / product within the facebook profile

If your marketing a store or product you can add HTML code to the page to allow viewers to view product from your site and encourage click through

It depends what your site is marketing or used for. This method is good for ecommerce stores

lbushby, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  8. ecmcircle

ecmcircle Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

these are some steps to increase traffic in your sites..

1.design is different than traditional print publishing. Every website is an information display container, just as a book is a container; and every web page is like the page in a book. However the end size and shape of the web page is not known to the web designer, whereas the print designer will know exactly what size paper he will be printing on.
    2.Learn the science of effective keyword selection
    3.Create an opt-in page where visitors provide their name and email address for further information.
    4.Create newsletters and special announcements to send out to your auto-responder list of subscribers.
    5.Write articles and press releases
    6.Implement the use of Viral Marketing
    7.Join forums or discussion sites to gain information and to share your knowledge
    8.Exchange or trade links with other websites

thanks..

ecmcircle, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  9. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
  10. fine0023

fine0023 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This might be a tricky one but I just thought I'd see if anyone has an idea how to do this. I have a website with a facebook likebox. My website is used primarily in schools, where facebook is blocked. I want to keep the likebox on there and I don't care if kids don't have access to that part at school. The problem is that the little like box says "html error" and looks really ugly when it's blocked. I would like to have an alternative display (of my logo or something else) so that it doesn't look so ugly when blocked. Does anyone know how to do this? The likebox is an iframe.

fine0023, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  11. Image Online

Image Online Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many social bookmarking sites available around like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace but to make true use of them, you need to first engage yourself and make friends with other users, provide information on some new stuff or another and then only you can generate traffic for your site.

Image Online, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  12. neha.sharma

neha.sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    pr-biztech, as per my experience, only creating accounts doesn't help, you need to reach to people who are interested in the product, service or anything that you are providing. you need to aware them that you are also providing the thing people are looking for.

neha.sharma, Jan 31, 2011 IP