1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Monetize My Sites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by slapmatt, Sep 23, 2012.

I have two sites that have been running for a few years, but don't generate any significant revenue.

The first is http://www.yourspaced.com which is currently an online directory. I have a few paid for submissions a month (@ $5.95 each) and a massive amount of dross that I have to sift through to remove all the spam sites. The majority of traffic comes from India which leads me to believe they are users mass-submitting sites, so not "real" traffic.

The second is http://www.thisisspeedway.com which is a motorcycle speedway aggregate site. This site ranks well for speedway related search terms. I sued to have Adsense on this site, but it was generating very little, so I removed it and now run ads for Web Hosting affiliates, which again produces very little.

I would be very interested to hear ideas and inspirations for people as to what I can do to improve these sites, both from a user's point of view and from generating revenue.

Thanks in advance!

slapmatt, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  2. Mustang^Viper

Mustang^Viper Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, focus on getting more high quality traffic through SEO, direct traffic etc., then place ads and have great offers for your users to sign up to. Use a Pay Per Lead or Pay Per Sale format, those submitting their sites are probably looking for higher traffic as well as higher SEO ratings, so offer products in that niche in your ads, best of luck :)

Mustang^Viper, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  3. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    You want inspiration? Take action. Evolve. Never give up. :)

mmm555, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  4. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't spend time for both of those sites. Directory sites are very hard to monetize. Those sites receive traffic mostly from India and it's almost impossible to monetize Indian traffic. Additionally most of the visits will be generated by spam bots to submit sites to your directory. As for the second site, its blog post pages are redirected to another sites. It doesn't have its own content if I am not wrong. If it doesn't have its own content, you may add content or you may park it at somewhere as a domain to have similar earnings until someone clicks and buy it as a domain with no content.

makeit easy, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  5. Apexwork

Apexwork Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think ThisIsSpeedway.com would be exceptionally suitable for affiliate marketing. Search in Google for "speedway equipment affiliate programs" and similar terms and find some companies that will pay you a percentage of the sale amount if you send them a customer. You could perhaps even do this with Amazon's affiliate program although I'm not sure how many speedway related products they have... I would also suggest changing your theme to make it more focused on Speedway and a bit more professional looking.

Remember that targeted traffic is always more valuable than untargeted traffic. You have targeted traffic already...now you just need to find a suitable offer to put in front of those people.

One last suggestion would be to perhaps advertise some popular Speedway magazine with an affiliate program...that would be easy and you could include it in every post.

Apexwork, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  6. infoaddicts

infoaddicts Active Member

Best Answers:
    From first look , you need to revamp your site . You might be getting tons of traffic to your site but no use if ADS are not strategically placed.

infoaddicts, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  7. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are two internal gallery mods and three or four integrations between smf and external gallery software.

If you mean attachments or images posted within posts using the IMG tag -- no, there is no way for you to manage those, easily...

war_machine, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  8. dengkane

dengkane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Putting on AdSense codes is the simplest, and the ultimate way should build your niche lists via these niche sites, and you can make more money after you have the niche lists.

dengkane, Oct 22, 2012 IP