1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I take best advantge of this?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mike323, Mar 14, 2013.

I have an autoblog site that is pulling in +200 unique visits per day (mostly from Google) and growing.

However, even though it is using content that all the sources have specifically offered for me to autoblog, I expect Google will eventually de-index my site when they realize it is all duplicate content.

My question is, how do I take best advantage of the traffic I have now to secure a steady degree of traffic after Google de-indexes my site?

Should I try adding forums? What? How do I leverage this traffic into something real?

Keep in mind, it is a video news site (with a comment system that only spammers seem to be wanting to use right now) and that is all the content I have right now.

Thanks.

mike323, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  2. merlin77

merlin77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can improve your sites brand awareness using social media.
    1.) Start off with a facebook page and a twitter account based on your site. If your using wordpress you can post to your social profiles every time you make a new post using plugins.
    2.) Add in your own status updates to engage your followers. Such as poll questions or mini contests.
    3.) Encourage them to retweet or share your posts.
    4.) Try to use no more than 2 hashtags and include an image when you tweet.
    5.) Then you can try reddit, digg or other bookmarking sites to drive traffic.
    6.) Find an authority site in your niche and see what other platforms they are using, such as tumblr or
    instagram or pinterest.
    7.) Find around 5-10 high traffic forums in your niche (find them at big-boards.com) then set up google
    google alerts so when something happens you can go make a relevant post with a link back to your
    site.
    That should be enough to get you started. Just remember it will take some work but, well worth it in the end. P.S. - make sure your tracking where your traffic is coming from!

merlin77, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  3. adisolutions

adisolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sell it :)

adisolutions, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  4. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I do have a twitter page which I regularly tweet to but I'm not sure I am getting any traffic from my 300+ followers.

mike323, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  5. coows

coows Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could send a link via twitter to a short URL service which will give you stats. Then you will be able to track to see if they are coming from twitter or not. Just a thought

coows, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  6. merlin77

merlin77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a great tutorial on how to track all your social media traffic with google analytics:
    http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/how-to-track-social-media-traffic-with-google-analytics/

merlin77, Mar 15, 2013 IP