1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I use Social Bookmarking Properly

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by hcbeggar, Jun 4, 2009.

Ok,
    So I keep reading all of the posts and everyone keeps swearing up and down to use Social Bookmarking like Digg, Stumble, Furl, etc. I keep running into post that say what top 3, top 10, top 140 social bookmarking sites to post to and the PR. That is all great, and thanks to all of you who take the time to submitt those lists or your opinions of which are the best.

But my real question is, "What do you do with this information?" I keep reading in comments people write, "you can get a lot of visitors from digg if you use it properly!" So how do I use it properly? I can't imagine that I am just supposed to submit the websites to the all once and then move on.

So is there a plan of attack that someone has used that is working for them after you submit your website?

Thanks for the help
    Sincerely
    ~Eric

hcbeggar, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  2. tarron

tarron Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would not take the time to submit to all the bookmarking sites... takes way too long. I use Bookmarking Demon which is a pretty good software to bookmark everything for you on scuttle site, plugg sites, major Sb sites, scuttle plus sites and some others.

All I do is tell it what URL I want bookmarked fill in the tages, title , description... and it does the rest for me. It will even create the accounts at the sites for you.

pm me and I will give you the link to my squidoo lens on it

tarron, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  3. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you PM me the link to your Squidoo lens? Have seen Bookmarking Demon before but still wary about purchasing..

Ascendancy, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  4. hcbeggar

hcbeggar Member

Best Answers:
    thanks tarron for the idea of bookmarking demon, but then what do or did you do after you submitted the link to all those sites. You werent like, ok, done with that stuff, and never went back to those sites, right?

Or is that it really?

hcbeggar, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  5. arvind_srivastava

arvind_srivastava Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are 2 reasons to use bookmarking sites.

1. To get traffic to your sites - so that you get visitors to your websites which thereby increases customer loyalty, retention, brand value etc.
    2. To get links - If your site has nothing unique and is amongst the thousands of sites being made everyday(not bad at all, as all webmasters have such sites) then choose an appropriate title (obvious choice being the main keyword), tags(other related keywords) and Description (with your main keyword in it) and bookmark the url to all social websites. This will get you a relevant link from the bookmarking websites. Just make sure that the bookmarking site is do-follow.

hope this clarifies the situation a bit.

Thanks
    Al

arvind_srivastava, Jun 4, 2009 IP
  6. ZenMarketer1

ZenMarketer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Props to you arvind! Short, concise and to the point. Well done.

Hcbeggar, there are also a few very good free interactive online training sites where you can participate and learn more. I know Mike Dillard and Co. recently started a channel and I've been getting great info there that's continued to help me with marketing my on and offline businesses.

Best of luck!
    ZM

ZenMarketer1, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  7. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just submit your site. Social bookmarking won't give you traffic unless its on the top of that sites home page. They all provide great back links though.

teenwolf41, Jun 5, 2009 IP
  8. Gene2009

Gene2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you do it manually.. Don't rely on softwares as I was able to see some works of automatic submission and they were awful..

Gene2009, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  9. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Automation is very good and save you time, but I don't need to buy any software! There are free ones such as onlywire! you can use some blackhat methods to get to the front page of those sites. Though i wont recommend that here.

waxman1000, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  10. beemboy

beemboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I submit only to the main sites

beemboy, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  11. omahahomes2

omahahomes2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just simply look for the word "Submit article", Submit Story" or "Submit Sites" then follow the steps.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    omahahomes2, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  12. sharelinks

sharelinks Peon

Best Answers:
    i would create a sharelinks.co page

You can put link to all of your social networks on a simple clean page. You can then share that page on Facebook. It will spread more than just a single social network. It will spread every link on the page with your facebook friends. You (or your fans) can also share it to Twitter, MySpace, StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious and even e.mail it. It spreads your whole network so much faster than just sharing a single page.

you can visit sharelinks.co/share to see what a page looks like and if you want you can even share it to see how the share widget works when spreading your whole network.

It's probably one of the greatest tools on the internet.

sharelinks, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  13. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking is a new concept, but it is also one of the most searched topic in world wide web. Effective social bookmarking with patience and determination will always increase your website traffic.

crudeexperts, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  14. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well Eric, this seems to be a very old question and someone replied or commented here after very long time so it showed me up in the search. I would suggest you to first check out the "addthis" widget which is on the addthis.com site and register to all the networking sites given in that list. They are there which means are important sites for bookmarking. One of the site among the list is Hacker News which is generating me good amount of traffic since last couple of months. Make sure you submit your articles in these bookmarking sites exactly after 24 hours of your article posted on the blog. While doing submission remember to make atleast 10 friends in each site, so at the end of a month you have a huge amount of friend's list for your networking sites. These friends you can drag to your facebook fan page or directly to your site. You also have to do some cross bookmarking in these networking sites which will also get you more exposure for your submissions ;)
    Hope that help !!!!

China_girl, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  15. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    Just submit only the high PR site Like follow this link which is of automatic submitter http://socialposter.com/ try on this and feel the difference

showkatahmad, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  16. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Submitting your links in Social bookmarking will help you to get traffic. But I am not sure whether automated submissions will help. I prefer to do it manually so that I can actively participate any discussion about the link. It will bring additional traffic. And you can choose your related bookmarking site from large list of social bookmarking sites.

rajamanickam.a, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  17. maree

maree Peon

Best Answers:
    for direct traffic and back linking and Alexa ranking decreasing

maree, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  18. HeatherWhite

HeatherWhite Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps social websites are the best place to attract customers because everyone who uses internet uses social media websites. So if you can introduce your website on such a place, it will be very beneficial for your business and will also help you in getting more targeted and potential customers on your website. So by using Social Bookmarking services you can easily attract customers from all over the globe. You will be happy to know that Social Bookmarking services are very cost effective and almost free in many cases.

HeatherWhite, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  19. davidwarner321

davidwarner321 Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg, Delecious,Mix and Stumbleupon are some of the most popular and with high PR social bookmarking sites, and these sites is very essential for your social bookmarking tasks to be effective.

davidwarner321, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  20. LloydBurrell

LloydBurrell Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole idea of social bookmarking is to help you connect with people interested of or working in the same niche as yourself. The more relevant information you submit, the more authoritative you become in your segment. This has direct impact on how the others see your brand. Eventually, this leads you to the point where your website can't be ignored as it is simply too important. Statistically, this means better traffic, more potential customers and visibility in your field.

LloydBurrell, Apr 27, 2011 IP