1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do We Improve This Fan Page?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by hiyo_bye, Jul 12, 2010.

So, quick summary:

I'm working as an intern for a start-up company this summer. My main job is to get people to sign up for our website's one-month trial and to get feedback to improve the service.

But I'm kind of at a roadblock because after making a lot of cold calls, I've gotten very little success. I always considered social media to be very powerful for advertising and whatnot, but our Facebook page is, honestly, not great right now, and it's been hard getting more fans.

We don't have many customers as it is, but it's also hard to get people to follow pages like ours which are more directed towards businesses than teens, college students, or other groups of people who use facebook.

Ideally, I'd want to use social media to help promote our website so I can get people to sign up for trials.

This is our current facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/skedgeme?ref=ts

It's kind of empty; we do update the status from time to time with hootsuite (connected to twitter as well). Otherwise, the fan page's one main feature is our "Demand It" tab, which basically serves to get people to refer their dentists, doctors, personal trainers, hair stylists, etc. to sign up with us.

We also do have ads on facebook, and have a link to our facebook page on our website.

Any advice to 1. Get more fans and 2. Find people who would sign up?

Thanks for reading!

hiyo_bye, Jul 12, 2010 IP