1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you come up with a slogan for your website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Baby614, Feb 4, 2010.

I recently got a webdesign job and was wondering, how do you come up with a slogan if the company your doing the design for doesn't have one, but wants one?

And does anyone know of a place that does stationary once I get the design done to have it printed?

Thank You
    LP

Baby614, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  2. mstplumber

mstplumber Peon

Best Answers:
    One way is to use the tried and true method of checking out the competition and seeing what their slogans or sites are saying.

Or, even better, try to figure out what sets the business apart from their competition and just state that in plain English. This is sometimes called the USP which I think means Unique Selling Point or something. Think Dominos "30 Minutes or it's free".

Just write a bunch of stuff down as you think of it and see what sounds good. Keep a pad with you at all times because you will think of something good and forget it if you don't write it down.

mstplumber, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. Baby614

Baby614 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply mstplumber, good idea, I have been checking out the competition and such and doing some research, pest control is something i'm not familiar with -) I have been writing thoughts on a sticky though so maybe that will help me. Thank you

Baby614, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  4. AdBankPro

AdBankPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Most important here is that what you say in your slogan be listed as an h1 or h2 tag on your website and be chalk full of keywords!

AdBankPro, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    i research competitors then i get as drunk as humanly possible then business ideas usually pop into my head:D.

actually my last business which was a massive success was thought on a night of heavy drinking.

usually i do alot of research though and brain storm on paper.

powerlifer, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  6. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Vistaprint does some stuff like pens with your slogan, etc.

The slogan should come to mind with your business idea and name, like "music 4 u all" - "4 all u music" (terrible, just proving a point ;))

toycat, Feb 5, 2010 IP