1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you create your own CMS??????

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nikooo, Feb 23, 2008.

hi ppl i have always ben wondering where all these CSM and portals come from i mean menny of them are free but who made them?
    and how do you make your own?
    cuz i dont think its only one person workin on his own to make a free CSM/Portal so there must be a place they found other ppl to help to make the portal or CSM...?

does enny one have a clue on this?

nikooo, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. LittleJonSupportSite

LittleJonSupportSite Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually there is usually a team of developers that create a portal. Such as Postnuke or PHPNuke all these portals were created by dedicated coders.

In order to make your own it will require quit e a bit of coding.

The purpose of the CMS site is to create a complete modularized system that allows the average Joe Webmaster to maintain a website.

Don't take this the wrong way but from your post it does not sound like you have the coding ability or dedication to make your own.

With that said you could very easily learn and apply yourself and make me eat my words.

You must pick your team very carefully before embarking on this project because a lot of coders out there are very excited when you start and then realize the actual amount of work that is involved and they bail on you.

So be sure to find yourself some dedicated coders.

My only question that I have for you is why not just focus on your won site rather then making a portal based system that has been done over a million times already. The market is quite saturated and the demand is just not there anymore.

LittleJonSupportSite, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. nikooo

nikooo Peon

Best Answers:
    yea i no im not good at coding but i youst wondered how it all worked,
    cuz i woz looking around on the Web for the place where it all happens i mean where the coders combine and start working on a CSM/Portal system, and so on,
    allso i wanted to find the place to give them an idea on how to make the Worlds best portal/CSM system ever done!!!:)

but there is no such place..

nikooo, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  4. pwebbiz

pwebbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to think scripts like php nuke were 'magic' because I had no clue how they worked....

Read a book on php...best$25 I ever spent!

Now iI ccan build sites with cms backends very quickly and eaisly

pwebbiz, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  5. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to add, those CMS you mentioned are products of teams but there's nothing to stop someone from building a basic CMS of their own. intranetdeveloper.com has a tutorial. Just google building CMS and it will be in the top 5 hits.

shallowink, Feb 24, 2008 IP
  6. sharkyx

sharkyx Peon

Best Answers:
    you just code them. Mind you, you've got to be a master developer.

sharkyx, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  7. jagannath_4all

jagannath_4all Peon

Best Answers:
    unless you have a dedicated team forget it :D

there are already gr8 open source CMS systems available (joomla, drupal, etc) instead of reinventing the wheel time would be better spent for creating themes and plugins for those CMS systems

and remember.. security is a biatch :p

_

jagannath_4all, Feb 25, 2008 IP