1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how do you enlarge the pixil count of a digital image?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Softglo, Oct 29, 2006.

I am looking to submit some of my digital photography to a few sites that offer to sell stock photography for you. (i.e. buydigitalimages.com and others) However, I am running into the problem of pixil size. I am using a 3.5 digital camera. My images are stored on my home comp which has no internet connection... ... So, what I have been doing is taking them off the comp with a cd picture burn. Then I take that to my University's comp lab and upload them to free file storage sites. Then I take the jpg. code thingy (obviously I am not technologically savvy) and paste it into the submission form on these sites. They are telling my they like the material... but it needs to be a certain pixil size to qualify. One site in particular requires a minium size of 1600 pixils. Mine aren't nearly that big. What should I do to resize them? What technology do I need? help. lol.

ANY advice on the subject would be welcome! (even if it doesn't answer the initial question)

Thanks,
    Softglo

Softglo, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Unless the original image was of the quality required I do not think there is anything you can do.

Smyrl, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  3. Phlegm Jar

Phlegm Jar Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously the best solution is to capture the images on your camera at the required resolution right from the start. Your camera should be able to handle the required resolution, so first things first, change your settings before you take any more photo's.

As for the photo's you already have, there are software solutions to your problem (do a search using your favourite engine for 'increasing picture resolution'), but the quality of the results will vary and may still not be suitable for submission to the image brokers. Another option that might lead somewhere is to scan your images in at a higher resolution, but I'm not sure how effective that is.

Anyhow, good luck.

Phlegm Jar, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  4. Softglo

Softglo Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks everyone. very helpful. hopefuly, if i keep it up, i won't have to keep asking inane questions. lol. good solutions.

Softglo, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  5. pixel876

pixel876 Guest

Best Answers:
    There is a tutorial "Image Blow Up" in NuTutorials Editor's picks today, maybe that would help?

pixel876, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  6. sketch

sketch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless my calculator's broken, a 1600pixel wide image is only a 2megapixel image... which means if you're camera takes 3.5megapixel images, you actually need to DOWNsize your images... which is GOOD! You'll need some photo/image editing program like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro.

sketch, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  7. fordP

fordP Peon

Best Answers:
    Send me a PM and I will set you up with an FTP account on one of my sites where you can upload the images without them being downsized. I just ask that you remove the pictures you submit

fordP, Nov 1, 2006 IP