1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you fight Chargebacks harming your business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GIF, May 5, 2010.

Chargebacks are the most painful thing after a sale. If you are selling a software and a customer file a chargeback INTENTIONALLY to deceive you then what do you do?

Payment is always take buyer's side so how do you protect yourself and your money?
    What formula is there that Paypal annouces its decision in sellers Favor? Any tracking info or what ?

Discuss.

GIF, May 5, 2010 IP
  2. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal tends to be pretty good about digital goods, especially if you can show that you delivered or the customer downloaded.

MayaLocke, May 5, 2010 IP
  3. Alex Roxon

Alex Roxon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rig the software so that if a chargeback is initiated you can make the customer's website completely implode.

Alex Roxon, May 5, 2010 IP
  4. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are selling a software product then implement IPN script - so that paypal receives notification and you can file under this ground that IPN script was used so the user was directly directed to download location and also you can tell paypal with screenshot that user has downloaded the product after paying through paypal or not.

I have used this on occassions and it worked for me - but rather define product features clearly - it helps a lot.

infogle, May 5, 2010 IP
  5. GIF

GIF Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right. But few customers intentionally do that to get their money back and to deceive the seller.

GIF, May 5, 2010 IP
  6. walkingstick

walkingstick Peon

Best Answers:
    Great question and responses! I've also had a customer do a charge back accidentally - they just forgot they ordered something, and thus we won the case - however, I was told by the bank that we STILL have to pay a case fee for the chargeback showing up. I was NOT happy that we have to pay a fee for a customer's issue even after we "won" the case. I might suggest (to prevent accidental chargebacks) to mention what will appear on the credit card statement SEVERAL times, and include it with the item, etc. Curious if anyone else has had a similar problem / resolution.

walkingstick, May 5, 2010 IP
  7. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    chargeaback often is taken advantage by cheat nowadays

haiwin, May 5, 2010 IP
  8. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Are these situations where customers want their money back, and you're refusing to refund them? Or that they're not even trying to ask for a refund (and are surprising you with a CB)?

gotlivechat, May 5, 2010 IP
  9. GIF

GIF Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, If a customer ask me for a refund, because he is not satisfied with the item, I will be having no problem at all. But some customers open a dispute at Paypal or chargeback because they think that they do not know how to get results from that item; surprisingly. Some of them say that they did not receive the download at all and they chargeback to get the item + money both.

GIF, May 5, 2010 IP
  10. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    With some websites we have seen customers that are quick to dispute charges via PayPal more often than regular cc/debit card charges, though we're not sure why. Maybe PP makes it easier to dispute online?

gotlivechat, May 6, 2010 IP