1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you manage your tasks in your SEO agency?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Stanley Tan, Feb 14, 2014.

Hi Digital Point,

How do you manage your tasks in your SEO agency like giving out tasks to your employees, setting a schedule, etc

I'm asking this because my team and I are almost ready to build a more robust task management system that allows you to give out tasks without doing any work.
    But we are still looking for ideas to improve it before we start building it.

P.s: I got nothing to sell here. Just looking for ideas on how BHW members are managing their tasks.

Currently, we have plans for...
    • give out tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
    • make tasks dependent (e.g: only give out task "Spam 10,000 blog comments" when task "Bring Matt Cutts down" is complete)
    • allow the ability to group tasks together
    • ability to schedule tasks group to be given out (e.g: give out task group "Link building" 2 months later)

But we are still looking for more ideas.

What our current task management system have...
    • assign tasks to selected users
    • attach a file to the task
    • give out a set of tasks when a purchase of seo package is detected (e.g: when client purchase "SEO Package Gold Blog Network", give out task A, B and C)

How are you managing your tasks? and do you have any ideas on features?

- Stanley

Stanley Tan, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  2. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    We use wbTeamPro for WHMCS.

Iconiplex, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  3. Jaspreet2787

Jaspreet2787 Member

Best Answers:
    better to know about the your team, divide the work according to the skill of your team make them report to one person and then ask him to report you.

Jaspreet2787, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  4. Clark Media

Clark Media Peon

Best Answers:
    I run a web development business and we use an in-house task management system. The biggest thing I would add to your list is some type of alert when a task falls behind, so that the project manager can see at a glance where things might be going off track.

After that, the most difficult thing that we've had with the task system is getting people to actually use it and update their task status...but that's a different problem. LOL

Clark Media, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In our team we always set a timeline for our plans or strategies for the project and whenever there are updates occur in the middle of the work the team will adjust eventually according to the target based.

KylieSweet, Feb 26, 2014 IP