1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you split the revenue of your website with your partner/s?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by webandinkmedia, Oct 2, 2010.

Example

You and your partner have a website. where the website earns from Adsense. Now You and your partner agree on the percentage each would be receiving.

Question.

How do you make sure both of you are receiving the right amount?
    Do you need to setup a seperate Account in Google Adsense for your website?

Thanks!

webandinkmedia, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  2. TheCheesePolice

TheCheesePolice Member

Best Answers:
    Teamviewer + paypal.

TheCheesePolice, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  3. webandinkmedia

webandinkmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    @TheCheesePolice

Thanks for the quick response. But can you give me an idea on how would i use those two? My partner isn't really far from me, it just 15 minutes ride from my place.

webandinkmedia, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then just look at the same computed screen and do the math .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  5. webandinkmedia

Best Answers:
    @ApocalypseXL Thanks, we would be going for this approach. our only problem is how can we make sure we are showing a legit screen.

I'm think we would be having a monthly meetup where we both open the accounts and see the result. that way we can make sure its accurate.

webandinkmedia, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    dude just login to the AdSense account in front each other . If you must wait a minute or two to get more cash and then look again . Pretty much impossible to fake unless one of you doesn't know a thing about AdSense .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  7. priyohw50

priyohw50 Peon

Best Answers:
    agree with you, when doing business we need to be open and fair to each other.

priyohw50, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  8. webandinkmedia

Best Answers:
    yeah would be using this approach. :) anyway if there are other solutions that is more automated or more secure, that would be great. Because I was wondering how does those big company (New York Times, Wall Street Journal) split their revenue. They might have some system or process.

Thanks for the advice!

webandinkmedia, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  9. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Big companies usually a have both a financial department and a internal security department that handle such delicate affairs .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  10. webandinkmedia

Best Answers:
    yeah. thats what i thought. :)

webandinkmedia, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  11. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Normally two rival companies wouldn't be doing any form of money generating co-operative work.

If your talking partnerships in general then the partnership agreement will include clauses to allow for auditing. Revenue share agreements are fairly straight forward as there is typically a share of information in general (volume of visitors, signups etc etc etc) and shared Analytics accounts etc to validate/ confirm these. If the numbers then on revenue adds up then let it go, if they look too low then do a short notice audit to check.

Profit sharing is naturally more difficult to do because you have potential disagreements on apportionation of running costs (what proportion of the DR site should the partnership pick up assuming the DR does non-partnership work too).

If you really don't trust your partner, then other than why are you doing business with them, then set your code to alternate between who's adsense code is used. Problem is then can be inconsistencies as different settings can be applied to each account.

AstarothSolutions, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  12. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just open an adsense account each and rotate the adsense ID on your page, with a percentage.
    For instance if it's 50/50 then a simple code such as if (rand(1,2) == 2) { MY CODE } else { YOUR CODE } would be enough.
    If it's 30/70 then it's like that if (rand(1,10) > 3) { MY CODE } else { YOUR CODE }

JamesColin, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  13. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for Teamviewer.. until the start of this year i ad not heard of that before, this is an excellent method for when proof / ownership / earnings is needed.. and i think most people would use PayPal for transactions but in this day and age there are many options, Plimus (you lose 10% though) etc etc.. there are millions well hundreds of quality money transaction businesses you can use.. even direct deposit is a good method mostly for large amounts are you wont end up paying any fee's.

zinghana, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  14. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    set tracking channels :)

~~~~, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  15. JakeG

JakeG Peon

Best Answers:
    Well besides the responses from the 10 year olds, I'd recommend first figuring out how much the company is worth. In any partnership, you should have legal & written documents, only to protect yourself and your partner. Yes, people do not use documents every single time they start-up a partnership, but it will help you legally and to determine what you own and what your partner owns.

JakeG, Oct 13, 2010 IP