1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you use LinkedIn?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by OnInternetBusinessGuide, Sep 22, 2009.

I am wondering if I should add anyone I meet in person into my LinkedIn account. I have no problem adding someone I met the person many times. The problem is when I only met a person once and this person asks me to add him to his LinkedIn account.

On LinkedIn, there is a warning notice before adding someone. LinkedIn looks more serious in terms of human relation than FaceBook for example. On LinkedIn, when you want to add someone to your network, you need to provide the person's email and the relationship you have with the person. These option sounds like to make sure that you really know that person. That is why I hesitate to add people I only met once or that I do not know a lot.

I try to use the social medias to grow my businesses, but LinkedIn sounds so personal that I hesitate to let almost everyone in and more particularly because of the way we add people to our network. By the way, I do not display anything too personal with social medias. It is purely for business. What is your opinion and experience about LinkedIn?

OnInternetBusinessGuide, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  2. qualityseotools

qualityseotools Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using Linkedin. It is a very good tool to build a professional network. It's better to add contacts which you know personally and professionally. You will remain in touch with them.

qualityseotools, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  3. osra76

osra76 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also using Linkedin from very long time. Its very good network for professional. I am also able to add contacts very easily.. This is mainly used for professional networking.

osra76, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  4. Ms.Smith

Ms.Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    its helps you to generate traffic,

Ms.Smith, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  5. mspider

mspider Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it possible to get traffice from Linkedin? What is the main point of Linkedin?

mspider, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  6. rnc360

rnc360 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you probabbly can get some traffic from LinkedIn by adding your website adress in your profile and posting it to relevant groups, but if you do - please, make sure, that information in website you're sharing is valuable & relevant!

LinkedIn is social network for professionals, place where to make new and keep old contacts for your business and development! :cool:

rnc360, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  7. OnInternetBusinessGuide

OnInternetBusinessGuide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answers.

I was thinking more about adding new contacts that I only met once or only a few times. This would be a good way to grow my network and business by getting known. The problem is that I might not want to add someone that I only met once in a networking because I might not remember the person and from this encounter, there is no real business relation (or other relation). In time, this might look like a big fan club. So I am wondering when I should decide to accept new invitations. This is a matter of finding a balance between trying to get maximum exposure with new contacts and having a real contacts.

OnInternetBusinessGuide, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  8. blackhat master

blackhat master Peon

Best Answers:
    Linked-in one of my personal favorite networks, A place where professionals meetup. It actually can help getting lot of traffic… Here are some quick 50 tips on linkedin traffic….

How to drive huge traffic from linked in

Oh yes this my own blog. & your comments will be appriciated, It's Dofollow ;)

blackhat master, Sep 25, 2009 IP
  9. ObliPro

ObliPro Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely disagree with blackhat master. LinkedIn is NOT the place where you want to drive traffic from - it's a professionals network. You don't have all your friends in your network, because your goal is to be headhunted for your next job via LinkedIn.

It's simply just not the place to be advertising. I would not contact a person from LinkedIn if the person was sending out all kinds of advertising. Keep things separated - professional networks with professional - crap networks for crap advertising.

That's my opinion.

ObliPro, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  10. YouGotSales

YouGotSales Guest

Best Answers:
    I add anyone that I have met once or know, as long as I think they are like minded in the same types of business as me. I have found by doing this I will get others who contact me who know the other person and then send me referrals or business ideas.

LinkedIn is great for networking with other business people.

Mr.L

YouGotSales, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  11. blackhat master

blackhat master Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate, i respect your opinion, But my pov says that anything that has my target audience, I'll straighway market stuff to them... As per your opinion people should never market on facebook,twitter coz they are personal social networks... Personal , professional,marketing marketing stuff should be kept seperated HAHA... If everyone starts thinking that, FACEBOOK & TWITTER have no future & they will never become profit making organizationss.... LOL

blackhat master, Sep 26, 2009 IP