1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does anyone rank for SEO terms?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FTEGal, Apr 8, 2005.

How does anyone get SEO keywords to rank. Everyone you are competing against knows the same stuff you do. :)

FTEGal, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt that :)

SEbasic, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  3. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Seo takes alot of practice and time to work. I'm much lagging on google still.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    seo terms are easier then a lot of terms

because they don't pay as much as quickly, you have to rank, convert the visitors to clients and do there work in order to get paid. Whereas some other terms ranking is like instant money.

I used to optimize for smaller seo terms (website marketing , website optimization, at one point I got up to 19 for "search engine optimization'), and I used to rank for a lot them. But now I just work on affilate sites becasue it cuts out all the client BS.

Also a lot of SEOs are more into writing articles and post authoritative posts on forums then they are into actually building links.

ferret77, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I'm #6 for "search engines" on MSN, #129 on Yahoo, and #403 on Google.

My site on SEO, The Internet Search Engines FAQ has the least ROI of any of my websites.

For the time invested, I have fewer visitors to this site than any of my other sites. CTR is also significantly below average, which of course leads to a depressing CPM.

But hey, it's fun. :cool:

Will.Spencer, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  6. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My SEO Help site ranks well for a few seo related terms, but it's mostly just for grins because I'm not an SEO and it doesn't drive much revenue via AdSense or the few affiliate links there.

Bernard, Apr 8, 2005 IP