1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does wikipedia keep decent content?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by pHrEaK, Jun 22, 2012.

I know nothing on Wikipedia is guaranteed to be correct since it's content is supplied by random people. But my question is fairly simple and I'm sure a lot of you on here would be able to answer it for me.

Since ANYONE can edit Wikipedia, what keeps people from constantly deleting or posting garbage to the pages? At the moment the only way I see is to log every individual's IP who submits changes, then before the changes are made to the database, make a copy of the old content so if the user posts garbage the old content can be reverted back to. Then have a flag raised, just a simple single character value in the database(Boolean maybe) that tells if content has been edited so administrators can view the new content and revert back to the old content if the changes are not up to snuff.........I'm just curious as to how they do it. I'm guessing it's something along those lines?

Anyone else have any ideas? Am I on the right track here?

pHrEaK, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  2. Cybercon

Cybercon Active Member

Best Answers: