1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Exactly Ought I Monetize My Blogs?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Noitartst, Aug 22, 2023.

I have been working to start several different blogs, but I don't know how to advertise over them them, let alone what. One, for instance, is on social commentary from a rightish perspective, with about twenty posts off the bat, and another is a bunch of pop song adaptations I've used to form a skeleton outline with over a dozen individual posts so far, but I have yet to form a marketing strategy for either of them, for which I seek your aid.
    I also have other potential blog topics, like health, science, the Civil War, international events, etc., but I figured I'd start with these. It anyone has any advice or insight to lend me, please lemme know.

Noitartst, Aug 22, 2023 IP
  2. dartdesign

dartdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My tip is not to spread your efforts on multiple blogs. Better concentrate on one that it is working. I've been into the same scenario in a time, when SEO and social media wasn't that saturated and was running 30 blogs. Too much work for almost nothing. Create one blog with good product or service and market it without any limit. Try everything and analyze the results.

dartdesign, Aug 26, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  3. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, but how to advertise on the specific types of blogs I've listed, namely the two on social commentary, and song adaptations? I can link to the two if you like, no less, but I'm still seeking marketing strategies for them.

Noitartst, Aug 27, 2023 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    For the kind of people you're trying to attract use social media. Perform the songs on tiktok, promote your views on twitter and use your profile to link to the blogs.

sarahk, Aug 27, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  5. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Fair enough strategy, but I was asking primarily about how to setup ads on my blogs themselves, and second, and more importantly, what kinds of ads should I run on my blog, and more pointedly, how should I find out, if that's relevant? (I'm talking search tools.) Does that make any clearer what I'm seeking?

Noitartst, Aug 28, 2023 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You were asking about how to market your sites, not monetise them. I think it's fair that we gave you the wrong information.

sarahk, Aug 28, 2023 IP
  7. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Okay, I apologize; I used the incorrect terms. How to monetize them, then?

Noitartst, Aug 29, 2023 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd create a range of super patriotic designs, upload them to redbubble and then promote them on your site. It seems that your target market are very into t-shirts, bumper stickers, yard signs and flags. They should be really easy to sell too. Use AI to help generate the images if your artistic skills are undeveloped.

sarahk, Aug 29, 2023 IP
    cronik and MargoFarrel like this.
  9. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Makes sense. It might be what I wind up doing, but I'm not completely resolved, at this point. What should I focus on with the other blog? More of an artistic/musical audience, and likely with a younger demographic, I'm guessing.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  10. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I have been working to start several different blogs, but I don't know what specific goods and services to focus on monetizing with. One, for instance, is on social commentary from a rightish perspective, with about twenty posts off the bat, and another is a bunch of pop song adaptations I've used to form a skeleton outline with over a dozen individual posts so far, but I seek your aid in figuring out both what to advertise, specifically.

With my political commentary one, I’ve been recommended selling merchandise (t-shirts, hoodies, yard signs, assundry banners and decorations, etc.) with patriotic designs via some place, called Redbubble. Beyond that, what about selling news sources and books? Not all my products need to be blatantly political/patriotic, for one thing, and there also should be other ways simply to cater to my demographic constellation, alone.

And what of my other, song-adaptation-themed blog? More of an artistic/musical audience, and likely with a younger demographic, I'm guessing. I could sell downloadable music, what else, besides of course the ubiquitous merch pitch, coupled with ads to concerts, instruments, etc., as well as themed books and DVDs. How’s that for a start, my friends?

11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You've got all the default options that get discussed here, show ads through adsense or one of the other PPC ad companies. Promote affiliate links. You can sell memberships, request donations, sell ebooks (that you write), sell courses.

Download a template for a business plan and work out exactly what you're doing. Is the blog a hobby that you want to get a bit of money from, or is it meant to be an entire business funding your life? You may find that the blog is not the best way to go about it, you might be better selling artisan craft through etsy, courses through udemy (et al) or something else altogether!

sarahk, Aug 29, 2023 IP
  12. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I do indeed have all the default options listed here, Sarakh; maybe I should indeed hire an expert to look over my blogs, like on Fiverr? I'm seeking much more specific advice, tied explicitly to my situation.

And I also am appreciating your second-guessing me in the best sense of the word. The reason I'm focusing on blogs is that I love to write, am good at it, and do not really major in crafting physical objects, though I am a bit of a videographer, so I am actually planning on making YouTube videos. As for Udemy, whilst I have some teaching instincts, I don't feel real comfortable teaching anything, as of now.

Basically, I have a lot of ideas I want to convey in an interesting, compelling manner, and either blogs or YouTube seem like the best vehicles to use, given they fit my tendencies the best. As such, if I am correct in this, then how best to use them? (I am almost being rhetorical, here, but not quite.)

Noitartst, Aug 31, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  13. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Selling merch is great, but if you're really trying to grow multiple blogs and already have limited time, then I would simply sign up for the Amazon Associates program and link to related merch and items on there. It's a lot easier, and it will get you started without having to put too much time into making custom products and/or handling shipping processes, etc.

Hope this helps!

cronik, Sep 3, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  14. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I agree, believe me; that is my current plan, but I still am trying to figure out how to find specific products to sell through my specific blogs.

Noitartst, Sep 25, 2023 IP
  15. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using Google AdManager to enable header bidding using Amazon's service and if the bids are not viable then Google Adsense ads are used.

I have noticed some pretty nice ads, however neither Adsense nor the header bidding service are paying high enough rates. I may need to increase my floors. Just wanted to provide what I use because I do like most of the ads. I also have to block via Google a lot of low rate cpm ads. I have no ad blocks on Amazon's service.

Q...

QiSoftware, Oct 14, 2023 IP
  16. Dal-Rae

Dal-Rae Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many different ways to do blog monetization such as offering sponsored posts, displaying ads, selling digital products like eBooks or courses, setting up affiliate programs with other businesses, or simply running ads through Google AdSense or other ad networks.

Dal-Rae, Nov 13, 2023 IP
  17. dannyfor

dannyfor Peon

Best Answers:
    Promote your blogs through social media, content sharing platforms, and email marketing, tailoring your approach for each niche. Collaborate with influencers, optimize for search engines, and engage with your audience consistently to build a loyal readership)

dannyfor, Jan 3, 2024 IP