1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How exactly to buy a blog?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kumar007, Dec 7, 2010.

I am looking to buy/outsource blog(s). But I am not sure how exactly to do that.
    eg- I want to buy a blog- where exactly I go? And once I find a blog that I want to buy- then how exactly I buy? Does blogs come with domain and hosting included? And once I make the payment how exactly do I own/control the blog:- do I get any passwords etc?
    And I am looking to outsource the blog work:- I will give my requirements and want the blog(s) made for me. I will pay. Please tell me how exactly to do that. And please tell me about pricing etc.Thanks

kumar007, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  2. Jimbob1208

Jimbob1208 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you need to do is register and host your domain with a hosting company and then download wordpress for free at www.wordpress.org which will enable you to set up and run your own blog.

Jimbob1208, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  3. TheEntrepreneurDiva

TheEntrepreneurDiva Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a little confused by the questions so I will answer in detail. If you are looking to create your blog from scratch then you need to buy the domain name and hosting, install wordpress on the host, and then you can hire someone to build the blog for you. If you want to purchase a blog that is already put together then will only receive the actual layout and content of the blog. You are responsible for getting your own domain name and hosting. And once you get it, you simply upload all of the files to your host and the blog is ready to go.

TheEntrepreneurDiva, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  4. redthehat

redthehat Peon

Best Answers:
    Kumar, here's a tip. It is not worth the time to buy a blog, especially considering how easy it is to install WordPress and get a hosting account plus domain.

Here's the process.

1. Grab a domain from somewhere like NameCheap
    2. Grab a hosting account from somewhere that supports C-Panel and Fantastico
    3. Create the domain on your host
    4. Use Fantastico to install WordPress automatically for you
    5. Grab a basic theme from either WordPress.org, or grab a premium theme from places like WooThemes, and so on.

Give it a shot, and I promise you, once you have done it a few times, it will get easier and easier. I can do all those steps in around 3 minutes, but then again, I have had some practice. And if you look at the cost that some people will charge for a blog, seriously... its better time value to just learn this stuff and do it yourself. Best advice I can give. :)

redthehat, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  5. kenadadon

kenadadon Peon

Best Answers:
    you can buy a domain by any reputated hosting company where you host you domain. the hosting should be cpanel, because in cpanel there is a fantastico in which blogs script are already installed, you just have to enable the blogs script

kenadadon, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  6. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to buy with Moneybrookers escrow service, and it works good for me

Genesis1, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  7. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use blogspot? I use it for my business. It's absolutly free and has a lot of useful features and beautiful templates.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
    WorksForWeb, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can look around here in the BST section maybe do some searches for "blog" you can also look at Flippa. Before you buy one just ask if the prevous owner will help you set it up on your host most of the time people will.

or you could spend a few weeks trying to figure out how to set your own up. I guess it just matters if you have extra time or extra money.

averyz, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  9. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use different marketplaces to buy blogs.You may search for them in ebay,flippa or may be in businessvartha dot blogspot dot com>They have a good collection of blogs to buy and sell.

shuvo, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  10. ecraigzon

ecraigzon Peon

Best Answers:
    here or on flippa, or you could just set one up

ecraigzon, Dec 12, 2010 IP