1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How i got over 3000 page views in 24 hours?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jjrichone, Sep 26, 2009.

This method is explosive if you want instant traffic to your site. Its simple.

Head over to reddit and post something really interesting, something shocking and something that can instantly catch someone’s attention.

Remember to link back to your site. If you have found something that stands out chances are within 24 hours you may had even more than 3000 page views.

Once it starts to get voted up the traffic can be absolutely tremendous. But use sparely and try not to spam.

.... Want to see the proof?

http://jrich.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Analytics_funny-central.com_20090901_TrafficSourcesReport.pdf

.....I know you want to know what I posted on reddit?

I posted an image about 'giant humans living on earth'. Can't get more interesting than this...

This is one of the best method and easiest methods to use when trying to get traffic from social sites. These sites are full of entertainment seekers (aren’t we all) and all used mostly for entertaining purposes so you need something very funny or very interesting.

Ty and understand the market that uses sites such as reddit and stumbleupon and be creative.

The best way of generating traffic from such sites is to create an entertainment site or a funny video site as this is fits the social market.

Hope you find this helpful.
    :D

jjrichone, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my first internet marketing projects where a funny video sites, and I got most of my views from social media sites like digg, stumpleupon and reddit. I dont update the site anymore, but I still get hits to it from these sites.

bertuseng, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  3. micaljack2010

micaljack2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your message,i hope it is useful for all

micaljack2010, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Traffic itself is pretty much useless if we can't monetize it properly don't you think?
    So I prefer 30 visitors and 1 sale instead of 3000 visitors and $1 in AdSense :D

zexy, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  5. jjrichone

jjrichone Peon

Best Answers:
    True. But this was just about traffic. Also the possibilities of bringing in money are endless if you don't just rely on adsense.

You could use impression based ads, create email subscriptions and send them offers, or even sell advertisment links on the site.

Just use a little imagination. :cool:

jjrichone, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  6. Your Lover For Ever

Your Lover For Ever Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips, thank you

Your Lover For Ever, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  7. bizhoop

bizhoop Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly the concept of social networking, 90% social/entertainment and 10% marketing.

bizhoop, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  8. amyp0245

amyp0245 Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips...

amyp0245, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  9. Pepsiholic

Pepsiholic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it's actually really interesting - congrats on thinking up a story like that that people will spread around without you having to lift a finger. Well, after the initial writing of the story, of course.
    Good stuff - when I make my next site I'm definitely doing this. :)

Pepsiholic, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  10. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not exclusive for reddit, All soc bookmarking site are applicable.

Pretty simple, but its not as easy as it sound. i.e something to catch some one attention.

One question, after you send them to your site, did your site really have a story on giant human living on earth?

Good of you to share .

tonyran, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  11. tylergreen

tylergreen Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tip... i have observed that reddit does give out a lot of traffic compared to some other social networking sites. Don't really know why.

The only frustration i have with reddit is the time limit they impose after every submission. Really annoying.
    In any case, i think that's a great tip. But i'm wondering how that would really work for some niches that aren't related to funny and out of this world "stories".

tylergreen, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  12. jjrichone

jjrichone Peon

Best Answers:
    In answer to 'tonyran' , yes I did find pics of giant humans. They do look a little bit weird and may be fake but that did not stop people voting them up. The title was so shocking no one could resist.

(Don't want to paste the link as I don't want to spam - pm me for details).

Niches
    For niches you need to be much more smarter and can not go charging into Reddit or any other social site and submit anything. But, there are some niches that work well. For example on digg, people vote up technical stuff such as greatly designed websites and they love news sites.

I would not recommend using social sites such as digg and reddit for money sites as they usually get voted down. Due to the old age rule that anymore promising you riches (that are unbelievable) must be a spammer and you don't want to rueing your companies image by spamming.

However, this is why I talked about thinking out side the box. There are other more tailored social sites that you could use for niches such as Mixx which has an active business section, or just head over to the socialmarker.com website and witness the amount of social sites you could potentially target.

Just do a little bit of research and you will find a market that is suitable for your niche.

An easy way of getting traffic from your niche market
    Remember, the easiest way to get traffic from your niece is to join a forum that is ‘about; your niche and then to become an active member.

You see once you become an active member people start to trust you and become more loyal to you and the things you post. When this happens add a sig and within no time people related to your target market will come storming to your website.

As you built up trust through posting good quality posts. But you never spam as this is counter productive and leads to mistrust.

Final words
    Finally, when you start anything it takes time and their is a learning curve.

When I first started I did loads of things wrong but as the saying goes you should learn from your mistakes and try never to do them again. But by making mistakes at first you can improve your business so never fret, just keep on going and more important love what you do.

jjrichone, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  13. linkesxchange

linkesxchange Peon

Best Answers:
    true but still you can get 100 backlinks from one link on digg

linkesxchange, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  14. jasonnash

jasonnash Peon

Best Answers:
    With me propeller % digg always works like magic, the most important thing is the title, use catchy titles..

jasonnash, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  15. VouchersGG

VouchersGG Peon

Best Answers:
    i reg new id nick name on forum and start posting theard PR for my site

VouchersGG, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  16. PHPmyMirror

PHPmyMirror Peon

Best Answers:
    Its obvious that you used a social bookmarking site. Its either that or pay for adsense.

PHPmyMirror, Sep 27, 2009 IP