1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Looked Impressive To A Local Client

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sabster, Jul 14, 2013.

This is something valuable that I learned when I attended a "Millionare Mind Intensive" even in my local city. I met a guy there that just looked rich. He was sitting in the front row (so he had paid the premium amount for the seating, something like $400), had nice clothes, just looked rich.

I went and talked to him during the break and turns out the dude was a millionaire and was on his way to becoming a multi millionaire. I asked him how he did it. The first thing he told me was that I looked like shit and he would not buy anything from me. I laughed and then realized he was right. I was wearing a collard shirt, but still did not look impressive. I used his tips though and it managed to get me a local client, here's what I did.

I had an interview with someone that may need a website. I went out to walmart and bought a mini ipad (even though I had no money) because I knew the iPad looked like the "latest" tech gadget. I uploaded a bunch of pics on there from previous Google Analytics stats that I had done well on. I actually did have a lot of good work via analytics, and I showed the clients this through the mini ipad I bought. I bought one of those side satchel backpacks to put all my things in because it looked professional. I bought a fancy shirt and dress pants and wore nice shoes.

I basically looked like a boss with all this. I showed them all the stats.. drew stuff out on a white board.. etc etc. They were basically begging me to do work for them at this point because they were clueless. Majority of people outside this "online world" don't have a clue about what is happening here. It is really untapped.. you just have to look right, be confident, and have some kind of proof. Even if they don't know what it is, it shows you know what you are talking about.

Hope that helps you people out.

sabster, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  2. Manu.2013

Manu.2013 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is so true mate!
    Both things I mean, that of looking like someone people would want to buy from, and how the rest of the population is so clueless about the stuff we know! It's a real untapped market.
    I often have to remind myself that even the most simple thing I know is not obvious to my clients or potential clients, so I could really be teaching/training/selling a lot more than I am!!
    Good to be reminded!
    Thanks!

Manu.2013, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  3. ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree as well, dudes can tell when your suit was $200 at jc penney rather than $1000 from Harry Rosen.

As much as i hate dressing up and spending my money on clothes I do it to sell people in the generation before mine that still gets a hardon for the word "executive"

Just look and act like a boss and people will pay you like one

ChR0n1k, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  4. sabster

sabster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup exactly. People say not to worry about what you look like, but in reality.. it really does matter what you look like. People are constantly judging you. I honestly don't care what people look like, but if I'm going to drop a few G's on something, it does clearly show and make an impression if you actually look like you got the money to drop.

I also forgot to mention that I didn't drive my beat up ford ranger truck. Instead I borrowed my dad's brand new suburu to the meeting.

sabster, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    well congrats on landing that job :)

However, just FYI, The last kid that showed up at my workplace to do a 1 -5 page website for the company I worked for, had fancy shoes, had a fancy laptop / tablet / phone. The guy quoted over $3k for the site. When he drove off, and they saw he was driving some fancy car, thats when the boss decided that the $3k was probly more to pay off the guys car rather then going into developing their website, and they went instead with someone else. The person they hired in the end had an amazing portfolio, (rather then an amazing car).

Look forward to hearing more about your work success! Maybe one day you will be RUNNING one of those "Millionare Mind Intensive" seminars

matt_62, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What is amazing about the times we live in is, somebody right now is sitting in their underware in some relatively inexpensive house raking in thousands of $$ or ££ every single day. Then you see people dressed in thousand dollar suits barely making their ends meet.

I never really pay that much attention to who is wearing what. Granted, if I have to have a meeting, I will be dressed my best. But on a day to day basis, I never really differentiate between somebody in worn out jeans or somebody who is "dressed for success".

qwikad.com, Jul 15, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.