1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I make money on Flippa with new site :-)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mhanys, Jun 22, 2012.

1. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To add to that, i brought an adsense earning website from flippa for $19 with an 8 year old domain name, the guy would have saved his time and money by just turning the site off, or could have kept hosting it for another year and made money.

For alot of sites sold on flippa, they are borderline scams -> dont believe me? Just look at what your selling, now imagine if your mum brought it! Ive seen free templates with a domain name sold for $500, i think this is disgraceful, whoever brought it thinking it was a unique design and a good business opportunity wont see their money back any time soon.
    Very few people that buy those websites actually understand what they are buying, they think that a $100 or a $200 site would earn back that money soon enough, and before they have even closed the sale, the seller can have sold another 4 identical websites that directly compete with the site being purchased -> especially if its a free template / wordpress theme.

My advice to buyers is that if a site is genuinely a great new idea with the potential to earn $1000000 a day, then why would the seller sell it? the answer is because the only money that that specific site can make is by selling the concept of making money to others.

I would like to know the stats of how many sites sold on flippa are still running 12 months after sale, and of those still running, how many earnt back enough to cover the hosting fees and the initial cost of purchase -> i dont go through old auctions on flippa but a couple of times i have looked up sites that i was thinking about purchasing and i lost the auction and those sites are gone / dead / deceased / vanished

As for the sellers, seriously, the listing fees and closing fees are ridiculous. I would sell on flippa if the listing fee was lower and if the closing fee was higher. For me, the risk and cost of those fees is too high. the additional selling features are too pricy and cant be guaranteed to increase the base price. And the listing fees creates alot of dead weight that the sellers need to pass on to buyers.

While the new fees are ridiculous and beyond a joke, i guess this just means that more buyers and sellers will come to digital point for website trading.

matt_62, Jul 5, 2012 IP
    averyz and mikey1090 like this.
  2. annamolly777

annamolly777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Listing fee was just raised. It is now $70 for a front page listing on Flippa.

annamolly777, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  3. wuken

wuken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For new startup sites, it is best to sell the website with best offer on ebay than risking US$60-70 on Flippa. You seriously need a website that generates profit consistently before trying Flippa.

wuken, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  4. muzzy4u2

muzzy4u2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi good post but without traffic and revenue its difficult to sell

muzzy4u2, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  5. White Pearl

White Pearl Peon

Best Answers:
    Well indeed.Its really amazing info.Thanks a lot for providing such type of information.Anyways,your English written is ok.

White Pearl, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  6. El Kraken Dot NET

El Kraken Dot NET Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, i just want to know how is being going your business with the sniper method? i bought that method a few months ago, but you know with the panda,penguin, humming bird and all the google algorithms i really tought it will never work,
    it would be great if you tell something about it, how much you can make a month with this method.
    Thanks!

El Kraken Dot NET, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  7. akshat113

akshat113 Member

Best Answers:
    Great technique brother... Recently I sold one domain in health niche foor 150$ with a website set-up and 10-12 spinned articles published..... cpc was gud for domain name

akshat113, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  8. El Kraken Dot NET

El Kraken Dot NET Peon

Best Answers:
    how old is the domain? i´ve been trying to rank a crappy site for over 3 months and NOTHING, is a PS3 Repair guides site, i´m ranked number 4-8 at yahoo.us and 14-16 in google.us , but i can´t semm to go up, i only have 10 articles, i followed some of the instructions of the sniper about you know, SERPS count, Keyword Count Blah Blah, but Nothing i cant reach 1st page in Google, and Worst Yet, the number 3 in yahoo with my keywords has only ONE crappy backlink, mine have dozens of PR 3-6, i even bought that Angela´s High PR list, and nothing. i´m i missing somehting?
    Thanks 4 your support!

El Kraken Dot NET, Jan 17, 2014 IP