1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I monetize my website for maximum profit - my findings so far

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Oberon, Jul 17, 2011.

I own a technical content-driven website that uses Wordpress as the CMS.

After much experimentation and trial and error, this is the setup that has produced the highest income so far. It is the best by a considerable margin; my second-best strategy is considerably inferior.

1. I use a free Wordpress plugin to insert one ad at the top of the post and one ad in the middle of the post.

2. In the top spot I place an AdSense ad (large rectangle, image only).

3. In the middle of the post one ad is randomly selected from three options: i) an Adsense ad (same as above), ii) Amazon Associate link with picture and iii) Commission Junction affiliate banner. Each category has an equal probability of being displayed on any given page load.

4. Additionally, I put an Adsense ad to be displayed constantly in the sidebar (wide skyscraper, image only).

That’s it. No other combination has worked anywhere near as well. I have tested Adsense only (text and image), Amazon only, CJ only and every combination I could think of.

Interestingly, making Adsense share a spot with other networks does not reduce Adsense income – the Adsense income actually goes up or remains approximately unchanged. Speculation may abound as to why this is the case, but there it is.

From this point on, my exclusive focus will be on massive content creation to increase the traffic.

Of course different websites need different strategies, but I hope this gives some inspiration and pointers to those who feel that their website is not making as much money as it could.

Oberon, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  2. AdvertMark

AdvertMark Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried any CPA marketing? private message me with your details and we'll see how we can help - we've just launched an affiliate network to the public :)

AdvertMark, Jul 17, 2011 IP