1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is my business/marketing idea? Please rate.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Fosters.Jack, Aug 12, 2014.

I have an interest in technology, so i thought i would make a tech-website, which posts new articles about gadgets and tips and tricks of many kinds.
    So i made a website. Though i was wrong buying the domain before website was ready.
    Now i think after i get 1000 visitors/likes i could start making free monthly magazines about technology and make give-aways on facebook which will get the readers to download the ebook.
    (Like finding some secret word or some other thing in ebook)
    I can monetize with ads on website, ads in the magazine. And i could start selling if someday my magazine gets good enough.
    What else can i do around the site? (ideas from indian view would be good)
    Is this idea good altogether?
    (I am a student in college, so even if this doesnt work i would get to learn good html,css, and maybe seo basics. Thats how i look forward to it.)

Fosters.Jack, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this is a very saturated market in the U.S. and I suspect that it would be the same in India, as well. You have thought out some of the potential revenue streams but seem to gloss over how you are going to get readers/members that will become the basis of your monetization of the website. How are you going to get the first 1K, the first 10K, and the first 100K readers/members? Monetizing is the easy part once you have quality visitors to your website.

jrbiz, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  3. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it an English site? If so, then as mentioned above, you are in a VERY competitive market. I am honestly not sure about the magazine idea. You will have to put the time and energy into making that, and why would someone want to download and read it? To me it seems that same information could be put on your site. I'd personally stick to adding content to your site and making money off adsense etc. At least this way you can provide readers with value and not worry about having to try and sell them anything.

creztor, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  4. Fosters.Jack

Fosters.Jack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    True. It might look saturated indeed. But i got onto this train thinking that if i create unique content, which no other website can offer, unique articles, i might pull it off.
    So you guys suggest offering a service that's not saturated. Thanks for the replies, @jrbiz and @creztor.
    And i have no idea about chinese women :|

Fosters.Jack, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  5. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Perhaps instead of a magazine, work on little how to ebooks... people are always purchasing technology that is far smarter than they are. Perhaps you could offer up value in assisting fellow students or more likely their parents and professors how to use the advancing technology in their lives. A free e-book on say the iphone could be your opt in to a mailing list, they you can have a monthly auto responder with a new technology each month (cameras, blue tooth, etc) while adding additional content to a website, blog, social media, etc

JessUBotNinja, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  6. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are competing against the big ones, that being said, your site should have a lot to offer and its contents should encourage visitors to keep on coming back.

Vitarank, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  7. camha

camha Peon

Best Answers:
    If you value the experience more, just go for it. I think too many are waiting around for the perfect idea..

camha, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  8. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Like you said if you start getting 1000 visits then yes that would be great idea to start a magazine I also suggest you go for adsence account if you get good traffic. And held giveaways on social media sites like twitter and facebook to get more followers as well. Best of luck!

Amanda103, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  9. naimreza

naimreza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks

naimreza, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  10. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    it is important you post quality and interesting content to enable your visitors to come back.

Let your contents be unique as well.

In creating your contents, ensure you target low competition keywords and let your articles be seo friendly

Insert a webform on your site to collect emails so collect emails. You can create a free irresistible that will make your site visitors want to optin.

Join related forums and groups to enable you promote your site.

You can also guest blog on high pr with traffic blog in your niche.

Hope this helps

talktotop, Aug 21, 2014 IP