1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how is your journey how to make money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jimmy123, Mar 24, 2010.

Could you share your journey how you make money online here, from your experiences which don't work and which can work ?
    thank you

jimmy123, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  2. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have written about it at length various times, also talked about it in some interviews. However, long story short:

I started out doing celebrity site for myself after college. Bandwidth was a bit different back then, and it was before the DOT COM bubble burst. The site was popular, and it was costing me $700-900 a month in bandwidth to provide for other people. So I changed it to a membership pay site and people paid. So it paid for the bandwidth bill and then some.

I was still working in telco at the time, and would experiment with many other business models... link lists, TGP's, adult pay sites with content licensed from others, feeds, and so on. After a number of years, I realized the money was in OWNING the content. So I left telco, and started my own production company.

I had money coming in from the celebrity site(s) and some other things. Plus I had a local friend who invested $3000.00 in my production company for 30% share. He had a yacht and half million dollar house for me to do the shoots at. I did everything else.

I started out doing clip stores, and later launched adult pay sites with the content I was shooting. After 9-12 months it exploded and I have been doing it ever since. Over time things have changed as people would hire me for consulting gigs, want me to build sites for them, and I would dabble in many other online businesses. Some better than others, but if I do not like something.... regardless of how profitable... I simply sell it off.

I have no fear of failure, and seem to always land on my feet. I have build and sold of sites over and over again over the years and always seem to find something else that fills that void. Some times more, sometimes less, profitable. I bought out business partner a few years back and still do adult on the side, but have moved into some other ventures.

So there you have it.

Barefootsies, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have started many online biz but only have luck with consultation work.

You only need to hire some industry expert to do the job,and don't forget to build up reputation first before charging client with expensive rate.

mentos, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  4. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrote my own eBook and build a website for selling it from scratch. I did it all on my own, never buying one eBook to teach me how, I learned it all the hard way through trial and error. I think that is why it actually turned into a success. There are no short cuts, put together a plan and implement it.

BizDetail, Mar 24, 2010 IP
  5. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    selling products online is good business nowadays

haiwin, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  6. jimmy123

jimmy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for sharing, you all really have a good reply and everyone can learn from it.
    Barefootsies, you really have a good journey and experiences, it's impressive.
    BizDetail, you have very good input.
    mentos: you have very good input..
    haiwin: selling product online is a good way to go for now, I think. That's great.

Everyone else please welcome to tell more about your journey here.

jimmy123, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  7. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my journey went well. it gets exciting everytime you see you've made a sale even just one :D

etc, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  8. starseo

starseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliates is better

starseo, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  9. hawaiikandy

hawaiikandy Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can refer services for top design company's and get paid to do so, let us know if you want to know how, you can start making money right away!

hawaiikandy, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  10. gurumuda

gurumuda Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have bad experiences with make money online.
    Work hard for long time but not get a lot of money. Now, I'm still struggling.. hope someday i get rich :)

gurumuda, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  11. JBeavers

JBeavers Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is so much to be done online. In some ways though, when I tell people that I am starting an online ecommerce site - they seem to laugh a little like it is silly, not "real." However, the truth is that more money is able to be made online then people think. Everything is coming online. Everything.

JBeavers, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  12. agustam

agustam Peon

Best Answers:
    never give up, keep trying, have courages are the key to be successful.

agustam, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  13. mt33

mt33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    direct selling and affiliate marketing are the best business nowadays .

mt33, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  14. agustam

agustam Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate seem good, but I am still not sure which one is the best program

agustam, Apr 14, 2010 IP