1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is your website valuated?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Technary, Jan 16, 2014.

If anyone wants to buy or sell a website the valuation of the website is an important factor. So how is the valuation of the website measured?

Technary, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  2. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on website but set your price high.
    It comes down to supply and demand.
    If you site is perceived to someone as more valuable
    he will be prepared to pay higher price and vice versa.

content4cool, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  3. Happster

Happster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website value depends on traffic and revenue. Some people say it's obvious that if website gets a lot of traffic revenue is also high. But that's not always the case. "Childish" sites such as vine clones or meme sharing sites might have high ranking but very low revenue because they do not offer good quality product and audience visiting these sites only for fun. As opposite to this group - there are sites that have lower traffic but selling expensive stuff such as flight or cruise tickets, gambling offers, design templates, electronic gadgets, diet or health products and etc. In other words niche sites. So if someone will decide to pay you some money for your site, they will need a proof of incomes. Moreover buyers like to see time proven result, so that will reduce the risk that traffic and sales were real ,but not fake. 3rd category is unique ideas. If you are young developer ,made something extraordinary and want to sell quickly, you have a good chances. Good and unique ideas are rare these days. Only 20% Pinterest users are creating content the rest 80% only repins it.. we live in copy paste age and uniqueness gives value. So shortly say many factors are important ; idea, design, cms, traffic, sales, domain, and quality content.

Happster, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd ask this question (and would probably test it too) if I was buying a site from someone: "If I place AdSense ads on your site, how much will I make in a day?" If the answer was: Well, maybe like $1 a day or less..." Then that site would be worth almost nothing to me. On the other hand, if the site is making a solid $100-500 a day with AdSense, then it's probably a well-established site that I'd consider buying. All other criteria (like analytics and what not) wouldn't matter to me. How much dough can I make with the site is all that matters.

Now the question is... Is anyone in his right mind, whose site is making $100-500 a day on AdSense, going to sell it? I don't think so. They may, but then they'll be asking like $100 grand or more for it.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  5. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on keyword value , if your site is highly profitable and have good alexa and PR then you can measure your site easily that your site is a valuable site.

Amarkolom, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  6. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    The value is how much you sucker someone into paying for it. Until that time, the value is $0.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  7. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    I would say the value of a website is relative to its popularity, keyword density and content.
    So, when asked how much it costs, it is also important to measure it on the uniqueness of the content, how popular it is, locally or internationally, and its SEO.
    You might as well check how other people think of it.

serellived, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  8. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can actually find out how much a certain website is valued by going here: (Not an affiliate link)
    http://www.vampirestats.com

Takes into account all sorts of criteria, income, backlinks, PR, content, ranking, seo, traffic and many others.

dailybread2011, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  9. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website value can be measured by only one person- YOU! You are the only one who actually knows how much time, money and work you invested in it. You are the only one who knows how much time it took you to build the site.
    You are definitely the only one who can valuate your site correctly.

If you don't think that someone offered you enough money for your work invested in the site, then just don't sell it.

People usually consider taking 6-12 months of earnings for the final price of the website. But they also take in mind the design of the website, traffic you receive and the content of the site.

VukasinI, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  10. Make-Me-Famous

Make-Me-Famous Peon

Best Answers:
    It typically depends on keyword value, organic traffic and usually potential.

Make-Me-Famous, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  11. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    2x the yearly income. 40,000 a year site would be worth 80,000 dollars.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  12. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Number of traffic to get every month.
    2. Your contents should be unique.
    3. PR of your website.

mollie.fr, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  13. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Content
    2. Brand
    3. SERPs
    4. Traffic
    5. Page Rank
    6. Domain authority