1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How lame can you be?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fryman, Apr 22, 2005.

Geez, I would love to get my link crumpled up in your links page and give you one from my homepage... :rolleyes:

fryman, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  2. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    How dare you post my personal email to you fryman ;)
    LOL

kyle422, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  3. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    BUMCHUMS? WTF is that? lmao!

You better be wearing more then a helmet!

noppid, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  4. whitedovecleaning

whitedovecleaning Peon

Best Answers:
    With all your knowledge fryman you should be able to do a background check and see if they are legit. And if they are what is the harm. Just because you don’t embrace the English language to a tee don’t make you a conman (unless you cross boarders illegally and want to pick American tomatoes with out a green card) I say take the time with any one trying to advance there website legitimately. Is this what we all do on a daily basis?

whitedovecleaning, Apr 22, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer likes this.
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I don't care if they are legit, it is just stupid for them to ask for a link on a home page and burry the reciprocal in a links page. And what the heck does this have to do with tomatoes and a green card??? :confused:

fryman, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  6. whitedovecleaning

whitedovecleaning Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok the tomatoes and green card is a dig? Respect me for that. (Mexico illegal aliens yadda yadda) if they are legit you should care they are nice enough to ask. They could just add a bogus link to some por@ site or a gambelin# site. Hey if they make a 100% effort why not help? What goes around comes around.

whitedovecleaning, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  7. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dove - Okay that was uncalled for - respect you for what..? making a racial slur..? Please :(

Fryman - did they say which page or just 'links page'..? Not that it matters to terribly much, just wondered if the PR was higher than some of my dinky pages - a PR4 link might be advantagious for folks like me with PR0, 1, 2, 3 sites.

edit: never mind - I misread your original post Fryman - I originaly thought the email was soliciting an exchange between you and SuperLinks.c0m

Epica, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Don't pay any attention to dove, he always posts in some weird code that nobody understands :D

They didn't say what their link page was, I didn't bother to check it out since the whole petition seems totally stupid. I am way past that "I trade you a pr 5 link for 2 pr4 links" nonsense... I just couldn't care less what the PR is, I would rather have my link on a page that would send me a nice amount of targeted visitors.

fryman, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    That's a new level of lameness I haven't seen before. The ones I often get but cannot stand, are along the lines of ... we have looked at your site and think it is suitable to link with our client. Linking brings great wealth, wisdom, prosperity and peace on earth. We're not telling you who our client is unless you fill in this really personal form or send us an email so we can spam you to death.

mcfox, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  10. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FRYMAN why dont you try Link exchange with this site http://www.batkhela.com/

khushal, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Also bad ones are those requesting an exchange, you check their site (crap of course) and politely reply to the e-mail saying the request was denied due to quality concerns.

Then they e-mail back full of swear words, saying I don't know how the internet works, how crap my sites are in their opinion etc. etc.

If I have a spare 5 minutes I give them a lecture but normally reply with something like "Thanks for your professional insights, we'll pass it on to the relevant department.".

T0PS3O, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Those types of emails are coming out everyday, they go like this:

Since your site is one of the best I want to link to it but make sure you link back to mine using this code on your pages. :D

anthonycea, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  13. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    At least they are starting to learn some public relations tricks these days AC. I get so many marketing agencies ringing me up and just being downright rude. How on Earth these people think they can maximise their sales by being rude to their prospective customers I do not know.

Weirfire, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  14. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And then the followups start coming:

"I still haven't had a reply to my email."

"If I don't hear from you, I will be forced to remove my link to your site (even though I previously said I linked to you because I thought your site would be an immensely valuable resource for my visitors)."

"I still haven't heard from you. Did you misplace my previous emails?"

:rolleyes:

minstrel, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  15. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    lol!
    Or you get the ones completely out of the blue that try to con you into putting a link onto your pages and go along the lines of First Warning! We haven't found our link on your site even though we ... and they just keep coming ...

mcfox, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    If they are persistent enough to get to email reminder #5, I usually do reply:

"I get several requests like yours a day and most of them are not appropriate for my site. I do not reply to most such requests. I would suggest to you that if a webmaster is interested, he will add a link (when he gets time) and reply to confirm it. Nagging a guy to death won't help: If I was inclined to add your site, by the time I got your 5th email I'd be too annoyed to do so, especially when they all arrive in one week."

17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Talk about link farms, now webmasters will just create their own version of link farms :eek:

The search engines will be able to see all these schemes and it is one more reason not to use reciprocal links a lot or sitewide links, it could hurt more than help especially if webmasters do sitewides on all of their sites with the same webmasters.

anthonycea, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  18. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just ignore the unsolicited link emails for the most part. I keep getting requests from the same site every few months. You'd think they'd get tired of asking me, since I never reply.

stephfoster, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    They're probably just thinking, "Poor lass... she keeps accidentally deleting our emails when she tries to hit the 'Reply' button to say, 'Omigod! I love your site!! I would be honored to link to you!!!', so we'll just send her another email to remind her".

20. whitedovecleaning

whitedovecleaning Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I went a little to far on the tomato picking comment! I’m sorry for that. I was making an abstract analogy to conmen and illegal aliens. To call me a racist is a little stretch of the imagination. , Don’t take that comment I made as a racist comment, It was in poor taste I must admit, but I never meant to have that comment taken as a racial slur. Once again I apologize for that.

whitedovecleaning, Apr 23, 2005 IP