1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long should I maintain my client's sites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by guineapirate, Feb 22, 2011.

1. GoshM

GoshM Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i did eventually after almost losing my nerves and my sight because of the PC work. Actually the solution is very simple and it's somewhere in my last post (rant) :)

GoshM, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  2. dbservices

dbservices Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What I have done in the past is offered these types of services when asked but have made sure it very clear exactly what they want and how much I will charge for it.

By doing it this way I have found that everyone knows exactly what to expect.

I have also charged people to teach them how to maintain their site if it is only a blog or CMS that needs updating occasionally.

dbservices, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  3. Equivocally

Equivocally Guest

Best Answers:
    I personally would not run a maintainance for new content even though it is good money. I think creating the sites is much more rewarding, but if you are doing it for a small customer base then I guess it makes sense to go with continious help in which case I'd advocate a monthly fee if they require you to add updates. Another option would be to just $30 to show them how to do it themselves, and include any help they need in that regard and if they ever have any issues just charge by the hour.

Equivocally, Feb 26, 2011 IP