1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long would it take to learn basic/advanced photoshop and video editing?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by boneybones, Nov 16, 2008.

I'm planning on starting several online businesses however one of my prerequisites before plunging in to that is becoming completely self reliant in areas such as designing my own websites, photoshopping and video editing.

I'm going to be using online tutorials to learn the basics and advanced techniques of both photo shopping and video editing however I would like a ballpark estimate as to how long it would take to learn these skills assuming I study several hours a day?

Neither the photoshopping or video editing skills would need to be of high professional level, however I want a good enough grasp to make highly appealing graphics and videos that do not come across as amateur.

boneybones, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  2. jssc

jssc Guest

Best Answers:
    To learn basic photoshop, you would most likely take about three days of experimentation. Photoshop is fairly easy to get along with and you'd be editing images in no time. For advanced techniques like vectoring and masking, you'd probably take a lot longer than that. Months, to be able to be well versed with Photoshop techniques.

jssc, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  3. stephen421

stephen421 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started from the bottom with photoshop just like you and all I can tell you is that the number one way to learn is youtube. There is a ton of video tutorials on just about everything. I recommend ones with someone talking to you and explaining steps. But it is very easy to find what youre looking for. Plus you can always pause and do each step by yourself.

stephen421, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  4. Lavinco

Lavinco Peon

Best Answers:
    Give yourself 4-6 weeks of solid studying to be average at it.

Lavinco, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  5. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem/good thing with photoshop is that you'll never totally master it. I've been using it for 10 years now and I certainly don't know everything because with each version upgrade they pack in more and more features!

I am a huge fan of open-source software, and I stand behind the GIMP as a wonderful bitmap editing program and highly recommend it (even if you already have photoshop, they have different strengths, and it costs you nothing to benefit from the power of two).

Photoshop is worth the money for sure, I can't wait until I can get CS4

innovati, Dec 9, 2008 IP