1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Many Customers Have You Generated Using Twitter and Facebook?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by gregdavidson, Nov 24, 2011.

I've been involved in internet marketing for 6 years but I must admit that I'm a complete amateur when it comes to social network marketing. I just finished reading a magazine article on it but I still can't quite figure it out. Have any of you guys been successful at generating generating customers using social network marketing? If so, what were your results?

gregdavidson, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  2. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I belong to Facebook on a personal level, and havе tоo wodered іf I ѕhоuld be persuing thіѕ аs а business as ѕo mаnу trade magazines tout. I havе bеcomе friends tо mаnу nurseries with facebook pages to sее what iѕ happening оn theirs. I sеe vеrу lіttlе interatction with customers. See "likes" but verу few comments. My experience wіth Facebook is that уоu hаvе а sоmе people who post personal stuff all the time whіle moѕt hаvе a page, but dо lіttle wіth it. We dіd а survey 15 months ago with оur customers. Had 200 responds to thе survey. A slight majority hаvе Facebook accounts, but lеsѕ thаn 10% ѕaid thеy follow anу businesses with it. At thіs time we havе no intention оf usіng Facebook or Twitter.

What wе do do successfully іѕ create interaction with our customers thrоugh оur E-News. I aѕk questions, hаvе qiuzzes (many not related to gardening), solicate comments. We have kерt оur open rates аbоve 40% (about 2800 Customers on our list). Invariably, when thеу respond tо а question оr answer а quizz, theу аsk othеr questions аbout plants. Before I rеаllу started making the E-news interative we wоuld gеt very few questions from the E-News.

Guisbar, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  3. meli2233

meli2233 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting! Glad you mentioned that. I was just thinking of using a facebook for my Fan followerrs site

meli2233, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  4. Matt_Baker

Matt_Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    The first time I used facebook and twitter, it took a month before I got my first customer from Facebook.. Its not easy to do that because you need a hard work promoting your fanpage.

Matt_Baker, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  5. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mine only 15 % but we cannot estimate it because facebook help our promotion and news to go viral. I believe it because of our product is profesional service. If compare to entertaiment and foods . I believe it will get higher conversion rate.
    They may not turn to conversion for the 1st time view our site but in maybe convert if our related news and promotion get more impression to them .

JerrickYeoh, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  6. dimazgyba

dimazgyba Peon

Best Answers:
    it's up to you, patient, and don't spammy

dimazgyba, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  7. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, my experience with it is not too good. They didn't convert to sales better compare to Google natural search traffics.

komrad, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  8. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you pay for your traffic? Or did you create profiles and bring free traffic to those profiles? I was actually thinking about creating profiles and hiring somebody to add friends to those profiles. I don't know if that would actually work or not.

gregdavidson, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  9. SEOHelix

SEOHelix Peon

Best Answers:
    Having Twitter and Facebook accounts is necessary so people know you have other methods of contact and information. But unfortunately a lot of people to do not follow businesses using their social accounts. If you have the time, and many people here do not, you can benefit from having frequent updates and interacting more with your followers. Focus on updating or doing contacts at least once a week so you actually reap benefits from your social networks.

SEOHelix, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  10. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the promos I posts on Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes, customer's behavior are hard to follow. But luckily we get some 10% sales thru these social networks

aira, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  11. BW1

BW1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it all helps. I use twitter for classified & job sites which tweet posts as they are posted and we always get a mad rush of people once the tweet has been made but we dont need people to convert only check out the site etc - which works for that!

BW1, Dec 8, 2011 IP