1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many files is to many when putting them into a folder?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by john269, Jul 16, 2006.

Hi,

I am trying to keep only a few files in each folder so that the files get found easier.

Now, I have a games section on my site where I have around 300 - 500 images in each folder. That is not to bad, but I also have around 300 - 500 games in a seperate folder. So all the .swf files are in this one folder. Is that going to affect my sites .swf file loading performance.

The reason why I ask this is because doesn't one file in a folder has to open up, load and then close before another one can start the same process. If this is the case then I have games that are 4mb's plus in size and can take around 1 quite a few seconds to load.

Or would another game start loading even if there is a game already loading in the same folder at the same time.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Why I say this is because in Mysql, 1 table has to close for another 1 to open sort of thing.

john269, Jul 16, 2006 IP