1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many portfolios do I need?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lolage, Apr 8, 2012.

Hey

I'm a student at university studying Creative Digital Media. In my course I cover aspects of photography, videography and graphic design. I have an interest in all three of these areas and want a portfolio to show my work in all of these areas.

Am I best off having 3 different portfolios or just putting it all into 1?

Thanks!

lolage, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  2. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Just showcase it all into 1.

kylelawrence, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  3. Civin

Civin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would include 3 portfolios on your website. One for each category but I wouldn't have them mixed together.

One thing you'll want to be doing if you are going freelance though is to get your name out there will be to have portfolios on a few of the portfolio websites as well. If you aren't planning on going freelance that isn't quite as important aside from networking potential.

Civin, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  4. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Show all 3 portfolios better. It demonstrates that you have variety of skill sets which is always useful when you are selling yourself. Actually besides those 3 portfolios, you should tie up with other related fields (eg. filmmaker, model/actors agency) and offer them on your site so you can eventually push your site as a all in one creative multimedia shop. Heck you could be the next DreamWorks or Pixar. LOL

tradester, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  5. HostJail

HostJail Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would show 3 different portfolios, to show you have a little experience in the field, and it would be better organized that way as well.

HostJail, Apr 12, 2012 IP