1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many time for your first sale?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sushie, Apr 24, 2010.

Hello business people!

This thread is about your first sale for affiliates marketing products, Internet serice provider, merchants, ect...
    How many time it takes to you to make your first sale?
    What was your product or service?
    What was your promotion work?

sushie, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  2. matafixer

matafixer Active Member

Best Answers:
    My first sale was a logo more than 2 year ago. I sold it for about 3 bucks and was very happy. It was more like a servis- not a marketing product. First success with marketing products was before 2 or 3 month, when I started to sell my graphic works at graphicriver.net I now have 30 sales and I consider it a huge succes altho those 30 sales have made me only 27.80 bucks! And I don't do any promotion at all to market my graphicriver items better....

Good luck to you mate!!!

matafixer, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I made my first sale through promoting MoreNiche on Yahoo! Answers.

nihangshah, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  4. TheSmegHead

TheSmegHead Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Years ago, I made my first sale of a ClickBank affiliate product - a package of text links. It took about 30 days promoting through automated email responses to people registering on my website.

TheSmegHead, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  5. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To make the first sale, it took about 3 month for us. Our products are classifieds software packages. Promotion work was Google AdSense and posting PAD files in PAD directories.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
    WorksForWeb, May 1, 2010 IP
  6. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a unique experience. When I started I didn't make any sale tried clickbank, cj but no luck. I was just randomly searching for affiliate program and got into program with 800$ commission. Was very sure of failure again but I do take the opportunity a bit seriously and start working on website. After few days got three sales, still was very skeptical about program but things changed when I get my money in paypal. I had my mouth opened for about half an hour. Forget about telling other people my story I wasn't believing myself.
    I mean I completely failed in selling 40$ products and get success in selling 2000$ product how the hell that happens.

Things I learned:
    1. Don't let anyone demoralize you (If I tell people that I failed selling 40$ products and now selling 2000$ product what you think they gonna say to me)
    2. More unusual things happens online than offline
    3. 99% of gurus sucks and lie
    4. Take that first step

teckinik, May 1, 2010 IP
  7. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I create and sell my own royalty-free images. I didn't really intend to get into this business, but I had a portfolio site up a few years ago and I had several requests from people to buy some of my work. So basically...I sold my first product before I even had my online store up and running!

Norebbo, May 1, 2010 IP
  8. earnindollars

earnindollars Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my first sale six years ago of my own products of ebook & softwares. These products were costing from $1.00 onwards. I was happy when I got my first sale. Within months I started earning $2000 monthly by selling google adsense sites which was a craze at that time.

earnindollars, May 1, 2010 IP
  9. Doollar

Doollar Guest

Best Answers:
    I got my first sale from this place only which was 10 days back and looking forward to earn more ...

Doollar, May 2, 2010 IP
  10. azabednego

azabednego Peon

Best Answers:
    Started a sales campaign in December; didn't make a sale until Feb - took that long to rank properly for my competitive keywords :( hard work

azabednego, May 2, 2010 IP