1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many websites have you sold or flipped so far?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by affiliategirl, Jan 19, 2011.

1. For how much each (you may not specify the url)?

2. Do you think you have made a good profit out of it? Why and why not?

3. What are the lessons you've learned in selling a website? Any tips?

Thanks in advance to those who will participate. I will be checking this thread often hoping to learn from your wisdom and experience. I am sure the others will. :)

affiliategirl, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  2. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't sold any.

Achiever, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  3. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have sold 2. A movie blog for 500 and a women community for 700. What I've learned: stick to your guns, you'll always have someone interested in buying with the smallest price possible. I have the last bid "unsuccessful", because I wouldn't sell a 6 year old site for a small price. For the other 2 sales, I've been pretty pleased with the price. Not thrilled, but it was OK. Make sure you're not being taken for a fool and don't sell for small prices. You'll have bidders who'll try to force your hand. I for example, preferred to "lose" 19 bucks (as flippa auction start cost me), than sell a site for 1000 bucks, when I knew it's worth more.

dojodesign, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  4. Chris9288

Chris9288 Member

Best Answers:
    Never sold one because i just now started a site on Diet and Weight Loss
    will wait for two or three years..

Chris9288, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  5. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    2. Do you think you have made a good profit out of it? Why and why not?

I made the most money from the monetization. Google Adsense and Private ads generated the most income.

3. What are the lessons you've learned in selling a website? Any tips?

I have sold a couple of sites which are now making a killing, and I feel bad for loosing out on the income I could have earned.

5starpix, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  6. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one. But, i am interested to sold.

capstonic, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sold 4 just sites that were not going anywhere and I was sick of them. I didn't make anything really just got rid of them.

From what I learned about Flippa is most people on there now days want a site that is generating income so most of the sites that sell for much fake income and some dumbass buys them. I could of faked income but I'm not like that so mine sold for low money $80-$240

2 of the sites I sold are just sitting untouched and have good PR and my link is still on them so that is cool.

averyz, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  8. websitelesson

websitelesson Peon

Best Answers:
    What you have to take away from Flippa is that people either want a site with revenue or/and lots of organic traffic. So if your sites don't have either, you won't be making a lot of money.
    Sometimes it is good to invest into another $40 for a featured listing as that brings more exposure to your site and potentially a higher profit for you.
    Another advice, don't accept automatically bids, as people can easily screw you there. Before you accept any bids, always look at their reputation, and if they communicated during the auction time with you. There are scammers that ask you to verify your personal details - and rip a buck of you, but never intend to buy. So always be alert.
    Otherwise you can make some nice money.

websitelesson, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  9. kenhos22

kenhos22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only sold 2 in my life, managed to rake in $80,000 for one. One thing I learnt - escrow sucks for this kind of stuff.

kenhos22, Jan 20, 2011 IP