1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Content Before Launch?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jhmattern, Jan 30, 2007.

Not quite sure if this is the right area, but it doesn't fit in the content areas in the services forum, so hopefully you'll have some thoughts. :)

I run www.BizAmmo.com. It's my content from two older sites I used to run on the AllInfoAbout network (Consulting/Freelance and Marketing/PR), plus some new things created since then.

It's been broken down into 4 sites on subdomains, and I'm expanding it into a larger 20-site business network. I'm also moving it to WordPress as a CMS (non-blog style if I can manage it well enough). I've already chosen the new sites to be launched, and I'm working on building content.

My question is this: How much content should I have up before launching the network?

My plan is to have 20 business topic sites, each with 10 sub-topic pages. Sub-topic pages will list articles, as well as a few outside links that are relevant. I'm planning on creating 10 articles per topic site before launching, which would put me at a little over 200 articles on the site for launch, including ones already there. Does that sound like enough? I'm sure 200 articles is enough to launch a site. But my concern is that it's actually 20 sites, each with 10 articles. I'll be adding others and setting them to publish at later dates so it stays updated for a while before I have to write more, but should I have more posted immediately up front?

Thanks! :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Jan 30, 2007 IP