1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much content is enough?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by dfbosso, Sep 9, 2007.

Hi,

I found a Great Low Cost Content Writer here on Digital Point and was wondering how often I should add an article to my site? One per week? Should the article be 500 words or a 1000? Do longer articles get more attention by the search engines? Does keyword density within the article matter or is interesting readability more the key?

Thanks,

Donald

dfbosso, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  2. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have a guy that adds about 1 article per day to one of my sites - minimum 250 words, but sometimes much longer.
    I dont *think* that a longer article will necessarily get more attention, and i know that only a certain amount of a page will actually get indexed, so too long might go to waste. If you'll be using Adsense or any other contextual-based advertising it's important to keep the articles on-topic so so you get targeted ads..

In general, my writer (or myself) write 99.9% for the visitor - not for search engines or advertising bots. Do this and i think you'll do just fine.

Tearabite, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  3. scuba5794

scuba5794 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is just my opinion so you don't have to listen to me however i have formed this opinion through experience which has been the best teacher when it comes to SEO and content. I find that the article should be between 500-1000 words, and have found the most sucess with posting every 3 days, i just wish i had the time to write that often!! Just my two cents good luck bud!

scuba5794, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  4. ravianz

ravianz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    as far as length of your article / post is concerned pl take care of your reader and an average reader don;t go for longer posts; you must be precise and to the point in what you are saying!

ravianz, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  5. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it varies with different types of sites. Some sites suit small posts often whilst others have longer posts published less frequently.

From experience consistence is the key in the long term but it doesn't have to be like clockwork.

I would suggest just post in a natural rhythm to a length that suits the topic/article.

newsniche, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  6. dfbosso

dfbosso Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Everyone for your sage advice

dfbosso, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    why do want to limit your content? more content is allways better

trichnosis, Sep 15, 2007 IP