1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Do You Have To Know To Be A Graphic Design Intern

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by AlphanetChrisC, Mar 4, 2009.

For the last... 6-7 months I have not been able to find a part time graphic design job or even an internship. I'm only proficient in photoshop and illustrator, but most of the jobs require you to know inDesign and Quark. So I tried looking for internships but it seems impossible to find any on the web. I've search craigslist religiously almost every week. Can anyone help me?

AlphanetChrisC, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to learn Adobe Indesign - and if you've learned Photoshop and Illustrator you're 95% of the way there.

Being an Adobe program they use the same tools, and it also uses and saves to similar formats. Seriously, you can pick it up in a few days once you start using it!

As for internships? Do you also check the horoscope for internships? Craigslist isn't the highest class place to look for anything. Design internships are FOUGHT over.

Find a studio *you* want to work at, and apply for an internship - they won't post it, they have to tturn people away! Seriously, it's all aboit networking and who you know - go make friends and get local shops to review your work, and then maybe they know somebody who's looking for a person with your skills!

innovati, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  3. banzaibert

banzaibert Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no harm in trying dude. Just try to learn Indesign. I learned it in less than 2 days after mastering both Photoshop and Illustrator. ;)

banzaibert, Mar 4, 2009 IP