1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Is My eBay Business Worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ExitLinks, Dec 8, 2010.

Hey All !

I hope you all are enjoying the holidays :)

I am looking to sell off my last few online assets and one of them include my largest profit producer, an eBay business.

Gross; 14-16k/mo.
    Profit; 6-7k/mo. ~45% profit after cost
    Listings; 70-80

It has been running for a few months and it has produced a steady return with ~2 hours a day of work.

Before I speak to a business broker I was hoping to hear some quotes.

The business would be sold with:
    - a website
    - the source of products
    - previous clientele list (great for upselling)
    - my promotion tactics

Please do not ask for more information about the business as that is all I feel comfortable releasing to the public.

Thanks!

ExitLinks, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. EXVignola

EXVignola Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good question. If this is steady and has beens steady for a year you could easily ask for 6mnths worth of profit or more. The idea being that if the business is going to continue to generate the revenue then they just need to do what they are supposed to in order to get the money bakc. I think a safe bet is 6 months worth of PROFIT. So figure that out.

Keep in mind you will want to sell to actually BUSINESS owners not the run of the mill chaff you see wandering around online who have days jobs and don't make money online. they wont be able to afford it. but don't let that dissuade you. your business is worth it. IMHO

EXVignola, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. ExitLinks

ExitLinks Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks EXVignola & +rep :)

I thought of going the business broker route but I feel I will try Flippa first.

Thanks for the tips though!

ExitLinks, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does the business own any assets or infrastructure? How long has it been live for and what type of growth are you experiencing?

Seqqa, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  5. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to try a professional business appraiser as you are generating quite a bit of income, otherwise i would say ask for 1-2 year's income, depending on how stable your business is.

SP

IsraeI, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  6. baronet-a

baronet-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just a thought. List it up on ebay auction, especially UK one and see what u get. UK ppl like those kind of things. Set up a reserved price of something beyond anyones imagination lol, the worst case scenario u'll lose some ebay fees. But by doing this ull get some vital info (ppl will be sending u a ton of question). Or u can even go with "best offer" option. Anyway good luck on selling that puppy mate:)

baronet-a, Dec 9, 2010 IP