1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is my TV Streaming software worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Retras, Aug 5, 2013.

Hello there, I'm currently working on a TV streaming system that I'd possibly be looking to sell once complete. I'd prefer to sell this to a single client rather than doing a licensing system etc. as all websites will then practically become the same and I personally feel this would lose it's value, not to mention people pulling it apart and nulled licenses etc.

Anywho to the software itself. This is what it does:

Automatically finds --> downloads --> converts --> publishes new TV show episodes for a wide range of TV shows (from a pre-determined list that is bundled)
    These are placed onto a frontend, the homepage is very basic with just a search box and dropdown menu to select a show/episode
    This then takes you to a play file, which grabs the video file from the server
    No other files are shown to the users, just index and play files
    Additional TV shows can be added by simply providing a link on the admin CP, and this will then download all previously released episodes, and automatically add new ones when they're released too
    Single TV shows/movies can be added by simply adding a link into the admin CP, this is useful when you don't want automatic uploads of new shows

All of this is self-hosted, and unlike scripts that search for and then embed TV shows hosted elsewhere. The issue with those solutions is that they frequently pose the following 2 issues:

1. You have to manually add shows
    2. Due to not being self-hosted, you rely on the upload being presented elsewhere in the first place, which can also increase the time between the show being broadcast and being on your site

My solution allows for the vast majority of large-scale TV shows to be available on your website within a very short space of time from them being shown on TV, all without any interaction from an admin. It's all done automatically.

If anybody has any experience in the streaming industry, or an interest in such software, please let me know in this thread what you think the value of such a system is?

I personally wouldn't want to run such a site publicly (maybe on a home server though), and so would rather just sell the software on.

Thanks, any comments are appreciated.

Retras, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  2. JoomlaBoy

JoomlaBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are the only one who can decide how much your software will be. Think about how much effort you have done to make this software, how much you are going to pay for promoting it and what are your audience.

I hope best of luck to your software

JoomlaBoy, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you google "tv streaming software" there's a wide range of options that come up. I am not an expert on pricing this type of software, but just based solely on what I saw, it can go anywhere from $0 to $500. Without seeing your software it's hard to really suggest a price, but if it functions the way you've described it would, it can easily go for $200 - $300. How much do you think you should push it for?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    qwikad.com, Aug 7, 2013 IP