1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much money do you make from your website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ledbeauty, Sep 23, 2010.

Hey guyz,
    I have some questions as a bit new administrator..
    How much money do you make from your website per day?And in any means (Adsense,cpa lease, donations,..)?
    How many page views do you get? How many unique visitors?
    From where do your visitors come? SE, Forums, ads..?
    Are your visitors interactive? Or just lurkers?
    Did you expect this to occur?Is it worth it?

ledbeauty, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  2. aptohosting

aptohosting Peon

Best Answers:
    It really just depends on the type of website you are running, type of ads's, ad network, traffic, etc. We have built
    sites for clients and they have 10,000 unique visitors/month, with google adsense and they clear a few hundred
    bucks just from that. That's not even including banner advertisements, clickbank products, etc.

aptohosting, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  3. ravata

ravata Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a website that receives approximately 500 uniques per day. I started it in March and now I make between $18,000 to $20,000 per month. It is an ecommerce site running on Oscommerce. Essentially I identify hot new products in the market, purchase them wholesale and resell them on my site.

I advertise using google adwords, seo as well as forum and blog posting.

ravata, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ravata what percentage of that sum is pure profit ?

ApocalypseXL, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  5. ravata

ravata Peon

Best Answers:
    100% of that is Gross profits. My gross revenue is approximatley $45,000 per month (I markup all products 80% to 100%). Out of my gross profits I pay monthly Godaddy ($20), Adwords fees (~$500), Shipping supplies (~$300) and also I have one employee who packages and prints shipping labels ($1000). After shipping costs, sales tax, and other odds and ends I net approximately $15,000 per month.

Also, I launch about 2 new projects per month. A new launch costs money such as $400 for website design, $10 domain name, and then cost of backlink/forum/blog posting services from India (~$300) (not to mention initial investment in product inventory which for sample order is between $2.5k and $5k). In order for a project to be feasible I have to do the math to the point where it nets atleast $3k to $5k per month in order to be worth my time. This is my side business as I am a lawyer full time. I started this business with $2500 and within 5 months have net assets of over $70,000.

Essentially I am an importer and wholesaler/retailer who distributes through my various ecommerce sites (Foscam.us, Zenithink.us, ManlyCosmetics.com [coming soon], RavatTrading.com [almost done] and others I will not mention ;) ) as well as ebay/amazon. I started out on Ebay/Amazon but have reached exponential success through my websites. If a website looks professional and you hit top 5 spot on google for skyrocketing product keyword = $$$. I dont do affiliate marketing bc my logic is why should I make someone else $$$ when i can be a direct wholesale/retailer and make my own $$$.

Ebay and amazon also are no good bc the competition is too high and there are alot of people who drop prices way too low. One thing Ebay is good for is market research though (i.e., if it sells on ebay it will sell on the first page of google through ecommerce site).

One of the problems I face is that once I promote a product on my sites to become really popular I get people who go over my head straight to the manufacturer and sell the products on Ebay/Amazon for a much lower price. Thus, my new strategy is to start rebranding products with my own brand so that I am essentially the "manufacturer" and the identity of the Chinese factory remains hidden.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I have been lurking on these forums for 2 years and sucked up every peice of information. I am now ready to give back to the community.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    ravata, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  6. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A professional never tells, but I never went to college because I think its a Gov't rippoff to take everyone's money, so I'll bite this for "one" of my sites.
    Adsense = roughly $550/month
    Link sales = $150/month
    Affiliate sales = $40/month
    I recieve about 55,000UV per month on that site
    Google holds the bag for about 78% of the traffic. For the other amount other engines.
    Nope. They are there to learn information they need and walk off.
    The site was carefully thought up and was a lot of work to write all of the content. It took a LONGTIME for google to start caring about it for SERPS, but it was worth it in the end as I don't even look at the thing anymore.

Laceygirl, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  7. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a couple of my sites. Takes ages to pick up, but once they are rolling they pick up speed on their own. If a site is good enough, people will naturally write about it, link to you etc and you don't need to do any work of your own. Then you start the next project :)

RumpledElf, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  8. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. The daily earning is up and down, not fix
    2. Sometime high and sometime low, the page views depend on the visitor
    3. Basically from SE and Social media
    4. I think both interactive and lurkers
    5. I dont expect anything, i will only review the result and find the method to improve it

lifeplayer, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  9. Oke Timothy

Oke Timothy Peon

Best Answers:
    I presently don't make anything on my site for now but my strategy is to work hard for 6months (real hard work) and earn $1,000 thereafter. I'm still on the project but I believe if I can do the work, i'll reap the profit.
    The gurus in house should please give us stats about their sites to boost our morals. Seeing other people's result sometimes does push a person forward.

Oke Timothy, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  10. leaseman

leaseman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you recommend the company you use in India for your backlinking/forum/blog posting duties? I have used companies from India before but weren't satisfied with their results.

leaseman, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  11. masim79

masim79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi !
    I have a site www.beamash.com . can any one help me that how can i increase my monthly revenue from adsense. How can i use the youtube video on my site. How can i earn money form youtube.com.

masim79, Oct 7, 2010 IP