1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much should I be earning?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rmt99e, Jul 14, 2010.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an opinion here on compensation for a monthly gig I have. Basically I do all the SEO & social media marketing for a client. 100% of the work is my work. Every month, I get $600 out of $2000 dollars for the work I do. The other guy only does consulting & pays for business stuff etc. I'm only part of his business though, we have our own revenue share agreement. Do you feel that this is enough compensation? What would you ask for doing all of the actual work?

Looking for some feedback.

Thanks guys.

rmt99e, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  2. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    If he pays for things like hosting, advertising, site design/maintainence, content creation (etc) it would appear to be a fair cut IMHO.

An important question may be how much time you are investing to provide this service. If it takes up all your time everyday...well you cannot live on $600 a week. But, if you are doing it for say 2/3 days time then it may not be that bad.

tuksdrr, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  3. rmt99e

rmt99e Active Member

Best Answers:
    His costs are relatively low related to our partnership. Also, the work I do is 100% of the deliverables to client.

rmt99e, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  4. Deacalion

Deacalion Peon

Best Answers:
    Been in the same boat. I done 100% of the work, but gave up 50% of my pay.
    I was happy doing that though - because he got the clients, without that. I wouldn't have had a cent.

Deacalion, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    can your work be replaced by someone else for roughly the same price? I think it really depends mostly on the basis of what you bring to the table, i realize you do 100% of the work but if the other guy isn't really dependant on you then I would say it's a fair agreement. Also if he is putting the money up front he is assuming more of a risk than you are because you only risk your time but he risks money which is more tangible.

Le Dangles, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  6. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    I thinks it's fair you'll get 50% of the revenue.

googlecrawl, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  7. mimmolette

mimmolette Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that's kinda the thing about capitalism. He's the "owner", so he sets the rules. The key to success is entrepreneurship, not grunt labour! Why not set up your own gig, and hijack his clients?

mimmolette, Jul 15, 2010 IP