1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much traffic can StumbleUpon bring?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by gotshot26, Apr 23, 2010.

Someone told me that you can get into the website cycle on stumble upon if you just get 1 stumble from 1 stranger. and get upto 1kuvs per day. can anyone tell me more?

thanks

gotshot26, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  2. siothach

siothach Active Member

Best Answers:
    some hundreds per month (for my site)

siothach, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  3. bunbunx2

bunbunx2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Few hundreds base on what i know too. Anyway does stumble upon works well?

bunbunx2, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  4. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is solely depends on your nice. Please be aware that most of stumbleupon users are not technical geeks and most of them just looking for something interesting or give them a pleasure. If your niche is about entertainment or gossip then it would be good to being stumbled and got high traffics sent from stumbleupon.

Sxperm, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  5. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There were times when I submitted many of my site pages and blog articles to StumbleUpon to bring in some traffic. But what it brought me mostly is just around 50 visitors. So, I was just thinking whether StumbleUpon can actually bring you some good traffic?

With my experience, I see that for “just another web page”, StumbleUpon doesn’t brings much useful traffic. But then I also remember that this is a social book marketing web 2.0 site and some good content and link baiting types of pages works great with social bookmarking related sites. So I decided to give it a try and see how StumbleUpon work with pages which people actually like to see.

Basically, if your blog post has something which people are actually interested in seeing/reading they will surely stumble it and bring you more and more traffic. But does this traffic convert? Well not much, I didn’t see much increase in my adsense and other earnings.

China_girl, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  6. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the number of posts submitted...
    I have around 50 posts and I barely get 1 visitor per day

digital29, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  7. abhi2.0

abhi2.0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends. If some stranger with high reputation stumble's your post, then you get fair traffic. If someone write review then even more traffic.

But the crux is, if someone stumbls from one part of world and then it gets thumbs up from another part of world pretty soon then then another thumbs up from somewhere else...t then the system assumes that your post is good and people are liking it, so it will show it to more stumblers.

In my Google Tricks , I once got more than 50K visitors from stumble upon for one article related to Olympics during 2008 now-a-days I am receiving some 200 visitors for my another article.

But one thing is for sure, Stumble upon traffics is for long term and not like twitter or digg.

abhi2.0, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  8. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    SU is really known for getting a huge bump in traffic - and then it most of that traffic disappears. However, after the dust settles, your average UVs per day - you'll have more.

bigcat1967, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  9. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    as i know they can bring hundred till thousand

Master Directory, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  10. Apple-4G

Apple-4G Peon

Best Answers:
    10~15 visitor for every post

Apple-4G, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  11. D79312

D79312 Peon

Best Answers:
    What I have found out through varied experience in multiple niche blog websites. I am going to answer more than your question. You can get a ton of traffic with stumbleupon...it is easy to set up groups that vote each other articles into popularity and also write some awesome content. So it's fairly easy to get traffic...what people wont tell you is the traffic sucks....at least by my standards. Many stumble and other social bookmarking sites have very internet savvy traffic and if you are looking to convert traffic into clicks, ie revenue stumble upon sucks! I like reddit better but really all social bookmarking sites traffic is low quality.

D79312, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  12. studio

studio Peon

Best Answers:
    It varies, if you have a website that publishes very commercial and likely stuff for shure you will have many visitors from su :).

studio, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  13. freight guy

freight guy Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried stumbleupon and if you dont have a good article people wont visted your site

freight guy, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  14. skykid

skykid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not much , on some days it can random bring you 1000 hits , and then none in years .

skykid, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  15. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Traffic from SU is totally random and inorganic in nature.
    They less tends to click on ads. What they do is just raise the impression and thus the eCPM fall.

Abhik, Apr 25, 2010 IP
  16. dianaf86

dianaf86 Peon

Best Answers:
    StumbleUpon has brought tons of traffic to my blog. It largely depends on who thumbs up your post. If an influential Stumbler with hundreds of subscribers thumbs up your post, you can get thousands of visitors within a couple hours. If a newbie to StumbleUpon stumbles your post, the numbers won't be as impressive. I've also noticed that StumbleUpon brings in long-term traffic (though the initial day the post was published brings in the most), as people continue randomly "Stumbling" onto your posts. But keep in mind that the bounce rate of StumbleUpon users is very high, since most visitors from StumbleUpon take a quick glance at your content and then click the Stumble button again. So StumbleUpon definitely has its pros and cons.

dianaf86, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  17. sunrise135

sunrise135 Peon

Best Answers:
    StumbleUpon Now can't be register. Try other social bookmarking.

sunrise135, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  18. jewing

jewing Peon

Best Answers:
    Good info/..

jewing, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  19. cDc

cDc Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried using stumbleupon but I just can't seem to make it work effectively. I have "stumbled" some pretty useful (in my opinion) content but I still do not see any additional traffic at all. Whats the secret !?

cDc, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  20. extremepullups

extremepullups Peon

Best Answers:
    i get alot more traffic from Digg than stumbleupon

extremepullups, Apr 27, 2010 IP