1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would you pay for a ruby on rails link directory with an ajax interface?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by math20, Jul 13, 2006.

Well, how much?

I'm thinking of hiring a developer to make such a product and I'm wondering how much I could get for it.

It would have many more features than PHPLD and a really cool templated interface.

Thanks!

math20, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  2. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    clarify what your talking about a bit.. im a developer and might be able to handle it.. and if not lots of chinese people around me to do it with me telling them what to do :)

klown, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  3. math20

math20 Peon

Best Answers:
    It will be a link directory software similar to phpld but it will run on ROR and have a really clean ajax interface.

I currently need to get the money before I get a developer (unless you want to do pro-bono work for a cut of the action).

I think it would be a really big hit among the endless directory owners and am wondering what a good price would be.

Thank you for your interest!

math20, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  4. math20

math20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Almost forgot: The reason I would like to build it with a clean UI is because 99% of all directories look like crap and have over-used templates on them, if they used this software it would set them apart and might even get people to buy more featured links from them.

math20, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  5. OriginalVision

OriginalVision Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the idea, and am not sure of a price. If you build in e-commerce modules it's worth more to me.

OriginalVision, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  6. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe ajax would not be god solution since it is not so seo friendly which is not good for links. Some element like submit forms should be nice.

balkanboy, Jul 23, 2006 IP