1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would you pay for an ad marketplace script?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by imthebanana, Dec 6, 2011.

Hay all,

So im trying to sort out what to charge for my ad marketplace script..

1. Yes i will be giving review copies out when its done..
    2. It will be called "Al's Super Simple Ad Marketplace Script"..
    3. Its super simple because it requires very little to actually function, you set what a click is worth, what an impression is worth, and the size of the ads.. It will do the rest
    4. There will be the ability to be a publisher as well as an advertiser if you wish to allow that functionality..
    5. Its facebook and payapl integrated *although outgoing payments to publishers will be requested and processed manually (requests will be in admin page)
    6. There will be no ad discrimination, your users will see as many different ads as possible to maximize unique impressions.. Eg when you click to another page displaying the same code, the ad will probably be different..
    7. You can set categories
    8. There will be analytics (however very simplified, no searchtracking etc)
    9. You can chose to make your advertisers or publishers apply to be aproved before they can publish or advertise

I think thats about it, im almost finished entirely if you want to hit me up for a review.

Im probably going to do a price somewhere between $10 and $30 given what you guys think it will be worth (I dont want to rip anyone off)

Let me know what you think!

Demo will be up probably tomorrow

Cheers

Alex

imthebanana, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  2. ozrocks22

ozrocks22 Member

Best Answers:
    It's super simple but how super secure is it?

ozrocks22, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  3. imthebanana

imthebanana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends what you mean by secure,

If you meant are the users secure?
    Then yes, the whole thing runs on databases, requires no 777 areas and as long as your database/FTP/whatever remain unhacked you will be fine
    Also no credit cards or paypal details are kept on the website, there is only kept a 'balance' number in the database which will be hashed (so if cracked it will be hard to alter your balance)
    Or is it easy to exploit by bots/whatever?, well that is up to you.. it can tell what browser you use and what country you are from, just disallow whatever you dont want and boom your done!

Cheers mate

Alex

imthebanana, Dec 6, 2011 IP