1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would you pay for an IMDB scraper?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brandon., Jan 12, 2012.

I've seen popular IMDB scrapers that are simply plugins for WordPress that require for you or your visitors to copy and paste IMDB movie links to be able to scrape the content. These often sell for prices of close to $100. How much would you expect to pay for a script that simply requires the user type a movie name and even if it isn't in your "database" or not it would retrieve the details and thus generate the content?

Brandon., Jan 12, 2012 IP
  2. Brandon.

Brandon. Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anybody have opinions or suggestions?

Brandon., Jan 13, 2012 IP
  3. havrincedaniel

havrincedaniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe this will help. mlabs.info/maribol-imdb

havrincedaniel, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  4. Brandon.

Brandon. Peon

Best Answers:
    I must state that I am a developer that has created a script that does as I have stated in the first post and then some and without requiring a CMS such as WordPress to be installed, so it would be a self contained solution.

Brandon., Jan 13, 2012 IP
  5. BassHead

BassHead Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what anybody would even need a scraper such as this for. It would honestly be pretty easy for people even mildly skilled with php/perl to create on their own in a couple of hours.

BassHead, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  6. Brandon.

Brandon. Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you not seen websites or scripts that let webmasters run their own movie site with movie nformation and possibly even movie streams? They are popular and mainly WordPress plugins which involve copying and pasting links into the database, thus making this piece of software more complex.

Brandon., Jan 20, 2012 IP