1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much you people earn from internet ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tuning, Dec 12, 2004.

As the question asks, I'm curious to know how much $$ are the webmasters in this forum earning monthly from adsense + other affiliate programs ( All the advertising networks). Also could you tell us how long it took to reach your current situation. ;)

Thanks. :D

Tuning, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Not enough to feed 15 cats right now man.

anthonycea, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :D :D :D

That was funny.

Well I'm a complete newbie started using adsense + amazon + fastclick.
    Not getting more than $200 a month. ( Hmm, I would like to know how you people are getting 1000+ :p )

Tuning, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn has mentioned that until you get 50,000 unique visitors a day on your sites that you should keep your day job if you are depending on affiliate income and not selling products or services yourself.

So getting links and traffic are real important, I have had number 1 listings in the SERP's and if you get 10 hits a day on some keywords from those listings you are lucky, you are not going to get rich just on high SERP's, so you need a hell of a lot more than just high SERP's to make it. You need a hell of a lot of keywords to come in high in the SERP's and a lot of great links also.

Plus you need to advertise and do press releases, you need a lot of traffic to make a living online, PERIOD.

Don't wait around for DMOZ to do anything to help you :) :p

5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    it really depends on what sort of category you're in. 10,000 pageviews a day on say, a finacial site would be huge... 10,000 on a celeb/ringtone/whatever sort of site? probably not

anyway, though, I don't get anywhere near 50,000 uniques a day and I make a decent living from this stuff ;D

disgust, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, you also have an early lead in a hot area, gaming, right Disgust?

Plus you are not the average webmaster, you are really sharp for your age, did you ever tell us your age Disgust? I thought you said you were under 20 or something by memory.

7. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info anthony. But currently I'm a student and just started my sites for fun. I have no intention to depend completely on online earnings. But as long as I'm a student the earnings can be used for my own extra curricular activities. :rolleyes:

Yeah, i'm not waiting to get listed in dmoz. :D

Tuning, Dec 12, 2004 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey Disgust, I just tryed to PM you but your mail box is full so clean it out and PM me so I can send a message to you.

9. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the super mod usergroup must have the default PM amount, instead of the regular one... I was only over the limit when I was switched over. should work now.

I'm 18 by the way.

disgust, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  10. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm 15 and I think I'm doina hell of a good job with my sites :) I'm happy how I'm doing!

PhilipB, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Great Philip, you just listen to Disgust and watch her posts because she is very young and VERY smart also.

You will do a lot better that way :) ;)

12. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll see what I can do :p

PhilipB, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    like I said b4, I was into PC's at age 14 and my "cool" friends convinced me not to be.

keep on kicking ass, Philip.

Peace!

Blogmaster, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  14. PhilipB

PhilipB Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. If I didn't get into from when I was younger, who knows what I'll be doin.

My cousin got me into it when I was about 6 or 7. He'd always take computers from work and we'd always be fixing them up or something, switching parts here and there. And since then, technology has always amazed me.

Even though I'm on the computer a lot, I also do other things a lot. On the weekends I'm always at a friends, movies, or somewhere (except sunday).

I'm also setting up a b-day party for about 200 people. I got a rapper coming in and I'm gonna have a 30 minute freestyle competition where I got some of my black friends to freestyle :) Good stuff!

PhilipB, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:

Disgust is a girl????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

fryman, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So is McDar and a lot of folks never knew that until Compar told a few of us the other day, I guess these Unisex user names can fool a lot of us :confused: :cool:

Now you have me confused Fryman, is Disgust a girl? Maybe we start a gender thread and we all list out genders, I think Minstrel has been confused about mine for a while and that will give me a chance to answer :mad:

Gender thread started, please all members list your gender, see below link!!

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=6169

:confused: