1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much you will pay for directory submissions ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tuning, Apr 27, 2005.

?

What I'd pay for 211 directory submissions...

1. $20-$30

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. $30-$40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $40-$50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $50-$60

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. $60-$70

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. $70-$80

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. $80-$90

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. $90-$100

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
    Hi Folks,

I'm about to start directory submission services with help from my two friends. We expect to add your link to every directory in this list :
    http://info.vilesilencer.com/main.php?rock=add_url.php

How much will you pay for outsourcing your directory submissions ?
    I just wanted to know how much you are ready to pay for such services.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tuning

Tuning, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  2. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Just a hint: if you will ask that question in an internet marketing section of a specialized lawyers forum (not that I know about one, just an example), and word that a bit differently, you will got 10-20 times more. Of course, here 90% of people might believe submissions are worthy, in the lawyers forum it might be like 10% if ever.

subseo, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  3. dchoe

dchoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    $0.0000001

dchoe, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  4. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which means you people are not interested in this service. Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I thought there are lots of people who don't have time submitting directories. ( even I'm, but my friends are ready to work )

Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    No there are people who could use that kind of service...

I think I saw someone else say $99 for 200 non reciprocal links which seems reasonable to me.

SEbasic, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I'd give you $100. $50 up front and $50 upon comlpetion. I do think it's a useful service. I now ask my colleague to do it who at £x an hour still makes it an expensive job.

T0PS3O, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Tuning, don't give up so easy. There are a lot of people in my experience that would be interested in such a service (hand submitted sites) including myself. Maybe starting a poll with price ranges may get a better response. I couldn't come up with an arbitrary amount but I would votre in a poll if there was a range.

It may also help to develop your own directory list as you won't be able to just refer to the Vile Silencer list.

Also a good formated form for people to fill out to make sure they are able to specify what all the fields should say.

Don't get discouraged!

<edit> SE and T0PS posted while I was typing...Maybe ahem.. A MOD can help out tuning by adding a poll after the fact </edit>

yfs1, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I think he can still do so himself... otherwise I'll hear from him soon I guess.

But yes as Yfs1 said, don't give up. There's an obvious market and by outsourcing it to your country both parties can get a great deal. We can cut in time/money invested on it and you can charge what is probably a good rate in your area.

That form idea is a good one indeed. You could make your own list in a database so the customer can keep track of progrees. Yuo could build an admin back-end where you tick each one off with a time-stamp so your clients can see progress.

Also include an option to limit it to X entries a week.

T0PS3O, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  9. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I just paid $50 for 100 submissions. If you were to make your own list of the best 100- 200 directories, submit peoples sites over a period of 1-2 weeks, using different anchor text. Then this deal becomes worthwhile.

I would pay 0 to someone submitting my sites all in 1 day to everyone in that directory using the same text. The main thing that will stop people using your service is the quality of the link building. If people feel that you build great links the they would be much more interested. I would use it for all new sites - thee is no difference between me submitting and having someone do it for me, excpet the price.

Design Agent, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  10. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    I was about to pay the same person (I presume) as Design Agent has, to submit to 100 non-recip directories, but it seems he doesn't accept PayPal. If I can't find a way to pay him, I'd be happy to pay the same price to you, tuning.

nullbit, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Thats a good point Design although its up to Tuning to decide his market...or maybe offer both options. I would still pay $25-30 even if they were all the same. These are for established sites where having some anchor text exactly the same won't hurt them whatsoever.

But I could see the value in the other service you proposed. Maybe call it the "New Site Bloop Special" or something. For those he could get a lot more but there would also be a lot more work

yfs1, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  12. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Guys!

I feel much better now. Thanks for all the replies. I couldn't add a poll my self.

Tops could you add a poll with price range from
    1. $20-$30
    2. $30-40
    3. $40-50
    4. $50-60
    5. $60-70
    6. $70-80
    7. $80-90
    8. $90-$100

And about directory list. I have my own list made from combining vilesilencers, Will spencers and padawan's directory list. This count to around 211 directories.

Best Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Tuining - You may want to specify if this will be to

1.) Cut and paste the same Title, Description, etc
    2.) Rotate the title but cut and paste the rest
    3.) Rotate all the fields so they are different for each submission

All have their market but the price will vary

yfs1, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  14. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    It could be done using a few forms and fairly automated. Making the ROI better.
    If It was my business I would offer 200 directory submissions for $100. I would contstantly improve my list of directories. Leave them for public display too. I would then offer 5 anchor titles, 5 different internal places to link to and offer customers that you woud do 5 a day only.

I think 100 directory submissions is only a start and having them identical is a waste unless its a big/ old site - at which point the directory submissions are probably not worth as much to the site anyway.

This is an excellent way to get started - might even hire a team of people myself :p
    And contstantly improving the service means the cost can go up slightly to reflect the quality of the service.

15. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will be asking 10 different titles, 10 keywords, one email, name, 5 different descriptions, 5 different pages. ( But some directories wont allow deep linking, hence I will be using top level page only )

PS: I'm about to start with a simple site and as time progress, will add latest features as tops suggested.

Tuning, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    To be honest 200 submissions for $0.50 each is a bargain. If it was packaged in a great service I'd even pay more.

T0PS3O, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  17. murugan

murugan Peon

Best Answers:
    $ 100 is the affordable price for 200 directory submission. How much efforts they are going to put on the submission is important. If they do the submission with real interest, then the acceptance ratio will be high say around 60 %. If they do without care, then the acceptance ratio will be very low (say 20 % or even low).

murugan, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  18. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is a good deal 50c a link, but it is quite hard to get clients to spend money on things like that in the first place - unless they already understand. Also, it would be very easy to do 20 clients a day + once you have a decent system set up.

I would also offer $1 a directory for recip directories. As, these are the ones I hate and often have better PR? traffic.

19. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks comrades!

I will update here as soon as my site is live. Thanks for advices.

Best Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  20. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, don't give up Tuning. I haven't advertised the fact but people have asked me to submit their sites to the 200 in my list and I have had some business at $60 a time. To make it worth my while I submit one of my sites at the same time, as 2x the submissions doesn't take 2x the amount of time to do.

Padawan, Apr 28, 2005 IP