1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How? The big dogs of the internet become big? ebay, craigslist, myspace.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MrSandMan, Jan 3, 2008.

1. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    none of those sites became successful overnight. it may have seemed like overnight to everyone else, but they all put in long apprenticeships.

i remember back in the '90s, i was a speaker at an event in europe, craig newmark was one of my fellow speakers, he was tired and jetlagged and looking awful, but he showed up and gave his little talk. he may not be the greatest pal you can have, but he works hard and he did work hard to build up his site, and it took years. it's the same with the other sites.

we're now launching a major site designed to compete with the big sites. even if it becomes successful within a few months, it's only because me and my team have years of experience, making awful mistakes, developing new technologies, and basically working our butts off for a long long time, sometimes for little or no pay.

monosodium, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  2. t.sealey

t.sealey Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. All of the biggest websites took alot of work to get where they are now.

t.sealey, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  3. Alfer

Alfer Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a product that is better than anything else on the market at the time and there is a need for said product, you don't need much else. That's the story for so many large companies.

Alfer, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. SuperBlog

SuperBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to come up with a fantastic, new idea or one that'll help people out. All the sites you listed provide a HUGE advantage to their users. Trust me, if you can think of another great idea and even start to promote it just a little, it'll pick up.

SuperBlog, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  5. TheWealthCreator

TheWealthCreator Peon

Best Answers:
    It was all in their mindsets when they began their businesses, and keeping those mindsets as they ran their businesses. They had a vision and stuck to it. They didn't get bogged down in the 'how.' The how will present itself if you have the desire and the faith to achieve the goal.

TheWealthCreator, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  6. mjereb2

mjereb2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the answer guys.

What you need is an innovated idea and a belief in your success. You can not do all the work on your own, remember that. Design, coding, business meetings, personal relations, promotions. Forget about it. You need a partner. You need A TEAM.

So, you all wonder how come some projects get $100.000+ startup MONEY. from investors? Well, onlinestudio showed you the way. But hey, what you need is a BUSINESS PLAN. How many of you have a business plan? Again, how many of you have a business plan?

Now you have DEDICATED all your time TO YOUR BUSINESS. You know what companies do in incubators? Work 24/7 for a half a year, to show a result!

OK, you have a result, an innovative web service. What you need now is someone who is good at PR (PERSONAL RELATIONS). A good relationship with journalists is a key to success! Every company has a PR expert who is responsible that company's press releases get published. Keep that in mind.

You need a:
    -team, field experts,
    -dedication to work,
    -business plan (about 30 pages) = goals,
    -personal relations, a good relationship with journalists,
    -money

Don't expect any success when having the business plan only in your head. Get it on the paper. NOW!

mjereb2, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  7. wwwbragcom

wwwbragcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey- thanks. well its just started about 2 months ago traffic is somewhat steady got a few stumbles, but a long way to go...
    I'm trying not to use any paid advertisements to promote and see whats out there...trying to keep it simple, fun, and useful.

wwwbragcom, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  8. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I agree with this

MrSandMan, Jan 7, 2008 IP