1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add cms to domain with well established forum?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ekkanh, Dec 7, 2011.

Hello!

I have a forum around 1 year old now and I have backlinks and traffic to it. My problem is that the forum is situated in the root of the domain. Forum URL: www.website.com
    If I now want to have a cms about the same subject my forum is all about, how should I integrate that?

Should I get a .net version of my domain name or something and link that with my forum? or should I create a subdomain for the cms?

The thing is that I think it sounds strange to use the main url for the forum and then have the cms in a subdomain..

What do you think?

ekkanh, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  2. mondala

mondala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Typically the forum is in a subfolder and the CMS in the root but this isn't always the case and I have customers that have the forum in the root and cms in a subfolder.

Subdreamer CMS can be installed into a subfolder and integrate the user system with many popular forum scripts. xf,vb,ipb,smf,phpbb
    It might be a solution for this scenario. You can then modify your design for forum/cms to match the overall theme of your site and use the same or consistent menu to navigate the content.. you will essentially be able to easily expand your site from just a forum to a forum with whatever other features you want as managed by the CMS.

mondala, Dec 13, 2011 IP